** Chelsea's not playing a very funny trick on us. Counts are down. 260. What?!!! I knew 660 was quite a high number to try and beat and it would take all but a miracle. Notice I didn't start packing my bags last night as I lay awake waiting for updates from Ryan. I was hopeful, but just had a feeling. She hasn't even had a blood transfusion yet, and that would shock me to see her go without one.
** Logan, diagnosis, ear infection. Apparently they can come on fast and furious. The ER doc said it was only the start of an ear infection though, I sure would hate to see Logan w/ a full blown ear infection. Sounds like he's got the pain tolerance of his mama! ;)
** Yes, I'm continuing on with the blog as usual but anonymous comments are blocked now. I could do some investigating through a site meter as someone suggested but I just really don't care that much. I've been alone with my thoughts for too long now, beware. I've got some fun new ideas for the blog and have been thinking a lot about the book I'll write some day, when I get around to it.
** I talked to one of the night nurses that I knew reads my blog. She admitted she was the anonymous commenter..... ha! Seriously though, she said "no way!" and she told me to keep on blogging...so for those of you wondering, no, she isn't offended by anything I've written. Interestingly enough I went back into bone marrow yesterday and recognized the pink background on the nurses computer! She too was reading about Chelsea.
** For those of you who visit to see the cute little pictures of Chelsea, you're going to have to wait before I post anymore pictures. Little missy decided to throw my SD card adapter in the trash with the SD card in it! Fortunately I have another SD card for my camera, but now no way to get them on the computer!
She also tossed one of my Eddie Bauer gloves (which I'm really bummed about, I've never had a hat and glove matching set! I should have known that was too good to last.)
I'm also missing the add on flash for my camera, but there's one more place I can look for that. Please please please tell me you didn't throw that away Chelsea!
I now try to keep the trash can on the sink in our room so she can't reach it. Each time I leave and come back into the room (yes she's out of isolation!!!) the trash can is back on the floor. The nurses think the housekeepers left it up there and the housekeepers think ... well I guess they think the trash can doesn't belong up there, so everyone keeps taking it down. I think I'm going to have to put a sign on it. Okay, be honest, am I the only one in the world with a toddler who has to keep the trash can up on the countertop?
** I guess our 'out of isolation' pictures will have to wait until I have a way to post them. All in all, she was thrilled and each time we go back to the room to eat, or to call it a night, I have to carry her literally kicking and screaming! If it were up to her she would run the halls and hang in the playroom 24/7. Sunday she actually stood at the nurses station dancing for them for almost 20 minutes. I wonder what they been doing for entertainment the last two weeks.
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
Poor Logan, hope he feels better with antibiotics.
Ha Ashlyn throws EVERYTHING away whether you want her too or not. Several times I have found bowls, plates, silverware, you name it, she's got it in the trash. I can't find one of my favorite hats that she has and I'm sure it was taken away in the trash at some point!
I hope you find your flash!
Yeah for freedom! Glad that you and Chelsea are able to roam again.
Nicki & Ashlyn
cp: ashlynnichole
We're pretty sure that Abby threw away one of our phones a few months ago. It's really the only possible place it could have gone!
I hope Logan is better soon!
Carey,
So glad to see you back online. Way to show that idiot anonymous poster! Glad to hear you are out of isolation. Glad to hear Logan *only* has an ear infection.
As for the trash can, the last thing I do before company comes over is run into all the rooms and put the trash cans on the floor so that people don't think we are crazy for having all our trash cans on counters! I am told that kids outgrow that at sometime. I think when they do start to outgrow it is when you decide to have another one! Which would explain why we have had ours on counters for the last 5 years!
I hope Logan gets over his ear infection quickly!
Thankfully I missed out on the anonymous comment drama. Sounds like someone who needs more hobbies. lol Sad that someone would post something negative on a blog that a mom is pouring out her heart and soul into while caring for her child. Some people...
Thinking of you guys and glad you're out of isolation. Can't wait for more pics! We've got all of our trash cans up on high surfaces in our house too due to certain little "helpers".
Sounds like Chels is on the mend and onery as ever. I am sure she was being a little helper and cleaning up.....the trash on top of the counter is good. Tucker likes to take lid off our trash can and empty it, dig threw it and see what is in there. YUCK. He has yet to throw stuff in it, but that time will come all too soon--he does play in the toilet. I wish I could set that up out of reach that is for sure.
Glad you got diagnoses on Logan, now maybe with medicine on board he will feel better soon. Sounds like you have one AWESOME husband handling things at home. Hospital stays are not easy on ANYONE involved. Have a great Wednesday. Tuck and I are coming down there tomorrow he has a 1'oclock well baby check in the PCC. I will try to look you up.
SO glad you're off isolation! Kennedy lived in the halls and the playroom too! And yes... we have to watch our trash cans REALLY closely... Kennedy throws away her dishes after she eats ALL the time, it drives me crazy! LOL
I just came across your blog and hope you don't mind me commenting. Chelsea is a cutie!! I hope her counts get a rise on!! And poor Logan - I do hope he gets to feeling better as well!
Not sure what is about babies and trash cans - but I can't keep mine out of it either most times!
Best wishes,
Beth
http://theparmerfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment