Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Praying for a Rise

I'm worried sick right now. Ryan is on the way to the ER with Logan. Believe it or not it's Logan's first trip to the ER. He keeps waking up trembling and then crying in pain. He says it's his ear, but to the naked eye, Ryan can't see a thing. No drainage, no blood, nothing. He doesn't have a fever, so we're stumped. At first memories of Logan's night terrors came to mind for both Ryan and I, but Logan is obviously awake now and is very upset. I tried talking to him and he kept saying what, what? I told Ryan to be sure to make sure he can hear. He's notorious for being side tracked and saying, "what?" but I really think he couldn't hear me this time. The first time I talked to him, he fell asleep. Ryan said he'll just fall asleep and wake up crying in pain, then fall asleep again instantly. I can't handle being here, I want to drive home but Ryan won't let me. I'm waiting for him to call with an update, but I"m sure it will take a long time to get into the ER and find anything out.

There is good news to report, they may send us home tomorrow. Our primary oncologist is rounding this week and he is optimistic that Chelsea's counts really are rising. He said it's possible, it could be she never did bottom out, or she hit zero on a day that we didn't do labs. If her counts rise tomorrow, we're headed home. I'll be pushing to leave as soon as possible, I need to be with Logan right now. Yesterday afternoon they drew labs b/c she was bruising quite a bit and she had scattered petechiae (broken blood vessels under the skin caused by low platelets, it's like a bruise under the skin and they look like tiny red dots), on her body. She had a lot on her little toosh from dropping to the ground, I guess those diapers don't provide enough padding. Her platelets were only 23, so we transfused her last night. Her ANC was 660, up from 500 on Saturday.

Please pray for Logan, and Ryan who is getting very little sleep. I think he's panicked b/c he doesn't have anyone there to talk to, he called not knowing what to do with Logan. He's trying his best though. He said he tried all of the snuggling calming things I told him to do. And please pray for a rise in Chelsea's labs. I wonder if part of Logan's issues are because of our separation. We never go this long without being together. It just happened like that this time. I hate fevers!!!! If we go home tomorrow I'm cuddling up with Logan in my bed tomorrow night. Ryan may have to sleep in Logan's bed so he can get enough sleep to function at work.

5 comments:

Christina said...

I am praying for a rise in her counts and for Logan and Ryan. I hope that everything is ok!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

i am glad to see you might be going home soon. don't worry about logan too much. daddy is with him and i am sure the ER will figure it out.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

We will be praying for Logan... it very well could be his ears, Keeghan doesn't run a fever with his infections. It's very strange! Praying too for those counts to be up!! Kennedy didn't bottom out a few times... so hopefully they'll be up and you all can get out of there!!!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I hope you are able to leave so that you can be with Logan. Poor guy!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Carey,

You must be so torn right now. I am praying for you all. For a speedy recovery for Logan, for rising counts for Chels, sleep for Ryan and some sanity for you.

Whatever you need, just call!