I have good and bad to report about Chelsea's labs this morning. The good first? Her platelets went up...without a transfusion. That's a great sign, that they're rising on their own. The not so good? Her ANC is ZERO. Zero means she has no immunity to germs. ZERO means she could get very sick very quickly. ZERO means everyone around her must wash, wash, wash. ZERO means we're not going home...for a little while. We knew it would come, and as always, Chelsea took her sweet time getting there. Most kids will hit zero around days 10-15 ... Chelsea is day 19 today. You never know though, since her platelets rose on their own, maybe the other numbers will start to rise soon. If she does have a number (other than zero) for her ANC on Tuesday, then they will draw labs again on Wednesday and attempt to get two consecutive days of rise, and send us on our way. That would be best case scenario. So for now, we're just hanging out!
Here's a little hospital fun for the day. Ryan drove home to work today and Logan stayed at the hospital with Chelsea and I. Logan tends to get pretty tired in the evenings, so I made him take a nap this afternoon when Chelsea was sleeping. It was so nice and peaceful. Both kids sleeping away. Then, over the intercom I hear, "We are now observing quiet time on 4 Henson." Can you guess how this story ends? My quiet time in room 6 was over. Both kids were awake and my peaceful serenity was a thing of the past. **Sigh**
I leave you with two of my favorite people:
(Trying to get enough fluids in Chelsea last night to keep her off of the pump last night! 4 ounces of juice, 1 ounce of milk and 3.5 ounces of jello within an hour and we got it done! Her little tummy was not so little as she was soooo full of fluids!)
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
That is just the cutest picture of your cuties!! Sorry her counts are just now at ZERO. I hope that they can go up now and you can be on your way without any sickness!! I love reading your blog. Chelsea is so adorable!
Hi Carey,
my name is Irina, I am from Germany and I have a small daugther Johanna with DS.
I "visit" your blog about 6 months already and read every day about your experience in the fight with cancer...I wish you and Chelsea to spend not so much time in the hospital - at least so less as only possible - and to WIN together!
I hope Chelsea will get any sickness with her "Zero" the next time...She is such a fighter!
I have your blog linked in the blog of Johanna, is it Ok? If not make me know...
Irina Stührenberg+Family, Osnabrück, Germany
Well, the only way to go is up so thank goodness she is finally at zero so you can start recovery and get out of there.
I am so glad Logan got to spend the day with you guys. I bet he loved being with you.
Hope you guys had a great weekend.
Praying the ANC goes up and Chelsea will stay well and you can GO HOME! I love reading your blog and especially seeing your photos your kiddos are so adorable!! Keeping Chelsea in my prayers!!
Something needs to be done about those announcements! I would be infuriated over them. Love the pic. Hang in there. Hopefully, tomorrow and Wednesday show better numbers in the ANC.
Post a Comment