I know, I know, what was it four days without any word from us? I bet you were wondering. Fortunately things remain status quo here! Labs from yesterday show Chelsea slowly rising, she may be ready for more chemo at her appt. next Tuesday.
WBC, 1.8
HGB, 12.5
PLT, 530,000
ANC, 234
So we just keep on going...actually not going anywhere, she's not well enough for that! Can you pray that her counts will rise to 500 soon so that we can take her in public without fearing for her life? And then we'll secretly say a prayer to keep her counts below 1,000 so we don't have to go back for more! Am I asking too much Lord?
She has been acting a little fishy the past couple of days. Of course my 'anxiety issues' don't help matters. She's pretty clumsy, fussy at times, clingy, picky eater, and her temp has been a little higher than normal (not much, fluxuating between 98-99, so a low grade fever maybe). The funny (or not so funny) thing is these symptoms could all just be results of the chemo, or from low counts, or from being TWO years old...but to me they have a striking resemblence to the very reason I took her to the doctor on September 25. I guess this is just part of it, but seriously, do I have to live in fear everyday for the rest of my life. I hope it ends soon. None of her bloodwork indicates any sort of problem, so please don't panic (like I tend to do). We'll have another bone marrow biopsy after she has recovered from round 4, so it will likely be in 5-6 weeks. I'm expecting nothing but a sample of bone marrow clear of cancer.
I'll end tonight with another prayer request...for Logan, he's been coughing all day. His temp was up to 100 before bed, so I'm off to recheck it. Amazing how our entire family has spent the past two months sicker than sick...except Chelsea. She's been the healthiest one of all of us, and she has NO immune system! She never seizes to amaze me, my perfect little angel.
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
It doesn't ever stop :(. I think we'll always get that twinge of worry when our kids sleep too much, get a bruise that just doesn't seem to go away fast enough, has unexplained pain... we'll always wonder what those pesky platelets are.
Even though Kennedy's counts are fine now I see her touch something in a ublic place and I cringe and hope her neutrophils are high enough to fight off the disgusting germs living on EVERYTHING.
Nope, I don't think it will ever end, I just work hard not to let it control me! LOL
You know, Carey, I know that Abby's seizures are no where near what you are dealing with, but I can tell you that once you have seen your kid sick you do tend to be a bit more anxious than other moms. Everytime, I find out Abby was near someone sick or we go into a public bathroom I can almost see those pesky little germs covering everything. THere are still places, like McDonald's playplaces that I have a very hard time taking the kids. When she tells me her tummy hurts my adreneline goes sky high. THe good news is that you find a way to deal with it. YOu accept it as part of your way of life and you move on. We can't protect our kids from everything. All we can do is be vigilant which is what you are doing. YOu will find a way to not let it consume you and to just let her be a kid. YOu will because that is what good moms do! And as far as moms go, you are the best!!
I agree totally,,,to this day I clean all the toys after someone has come to play-sick or not. I dont care if I know the family is clean or lacks the "clean" standard I have.....it is a panic that hits me as soon as the toy hits another childs mouth. I frantically clean everything...no germs. You are a great mom, looking out for Chels and trying to keep her as healthy as you can as she goes through her stuff. WE have to do that for our kids, I know as moms we feel overly so. I know I can say, relax, but I know as a mom that is much easier said than done.
No, you won't have to live in fear, I had those same thoughts too. I don't even really think of it about Will anymore except when once or twice (during last year) I thought I saw a spot on his back and feared for a moment that it might be petechiae, it wasn't, or when brushing his teeth and his gums bleed, my heart will skip a beat, but for the most part it isn't even in my thoughts. So don't worry. Oh, and We were sick around Will when his counts were low and he was the only one that didn't catch it too, hmmm. He went through a whole winter (and it did get cold here that year) he didn't get sick AT ALL! last year his sister was the one that got sick twice I think, but not Will, I think it's funny.
Anyways, I'm dieing to know if you got Chelseas gift!!!!!! email me or something when you can!!! Please! Thanks!
Naomi
Post a Comment