Friday, January 11, 2008

Hug Hug Kiss Kiss

Check out the birthday girl! Two years old! Woohoo...how sweet it is!


Grandma Barb helping me say, "I'm TWO!"

(I worked with her all day on putting up two fingers on the same hand, I finally realized, that's a bit much for right now, it's a lot easier to show one finger on each hand...hey it's still two right?!)

Okay, now are you wondering how the big birthday went? We had planned to go have pizza at a local pizza place which was something we used to do a lot with the inlaws on Thursday nights, but we decided against it when we heard her ANC was only 420 yesterday. We really weren't going to chance it unless she had surpassed that 500 "safe" mark. It's a good thing too, b/c the nurse called me this morning and opened with, "so her ANC is 42." I was like, "WHAT?!" Yep, she did the math for me and my mom and I had figured it wrong! Her ANC was only 42. It dropped again! The nurse said that everything else looks good, WBC 1.5, HGB, 11.6, PLTS 480,000, monos 20. She thinks her bone marrow is trying to recover, but she admitetd they may have let us go too soon. Apparently Chelsea's ANC is bouncing all over the place this time, we really have no idea what to think. Ryan and I were pretty nervous all evening though. I could have swore she was trying to spike a fever, but nothing yet. She'll definitely be sleeping with us tonight. I would hate for her to spike and not know until morning, especially when her immune system is pretty much ZERO right now! Yikes...

So back to the party ... we went ahead and did the whole shabang last night. I decided at 5pm that we were having a party at 6pm! Am I crazy...you all know the answer to that. So I frantically picked up everything in sight (we've got lots of good hiding places at our house!) The only bad thing about a fly by the seat of your pants birthday party is that I didn't get to make her special shirt. I am however going to use all of your great suggestions for logos for her very special 2nd birthday scrapbook page. So all your hard brainstorming hasn't gone to waste! And Bailee, I may just have to go ahead and make her a shirt that says '2 cute' ...just for you!

We ordered pizza, ate cupcakes and opened lots of presents. My girl is soooo spoiled, I can't even begin to tell you. Out of all the gifts though the one she got the biggest kick out of was the singing pink hippo I got for 10 bucks after buying 3 cards at Hallmark! She was dancing to it and she had her tongue moving from side to side with the beat of the music. It was hilarious.

We knew from the day she was born her birthday fell at a bad time of year. When family visited in the hospital they all had to wear masks b/c most of them were sick. At her first birthday party, everyone was nursing the after holiday colds...and then again this year we were missing over half of our crew! Out of 7 grandparents, only three could come. We missed the ones that were sick, Grandma Carolyn, Nora and Karen and Grandpa David. And of course we missed Grandpa Doug too, it's just not the same.

Both kids were absolutely shot by the end of the night and Logan even honored us with one of his royal temper tantrums. Aren't those supposed to be put on by the two year old's? Anyways, it made for a nice dramatic ending to the evening. Hopefully Chelsea will remember to throw such a show at his birthday in April...I doubt it though.

Here she is with the pink flying hippo (I think it's a hippo???)


And there goes the crazy tongue!

"Lalalalala, hug hug, kiss kiss....lalalalala, hug hug, kiss kiss!"


A birthday wish from one of my boyfriends! (His mom posted it on my message board and I thought it was too cute not to share!) We love you Noah!

24 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Talk about the cutest little birthday girl...what a doll!!! I love the butterfly headband. So glad to see you were able to celebrate at home with the family! Just think of how big of a party you will have next year with a little more time to plan:)
I thought about you guys all day yesterday.
So next weekend we are not getting Gracie until Saturday, maybe you guys will be up for company, I will be in touch with you next week...we'd love to see you! Gracie would love to play with Chelsea and Logan, she adores both of them!
Happy Birthday weekend...when your that young you can celebrate all weekend if you want...sometimes I still do:)
Love and Prayers...
Micah, Jason, Gracie, Angel Gabi, and baby Kinsley

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS CHELSEA!!!

We are glad you are home for your big day, even if your neutrophils are being tricky! You look just beautiful in your pink dress and your matching hippo! :)

Love,
Your friend Kennedy
(and her mommy too)

The Bryant Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday! She is so darn cute. I hope you had a great day even though you had to stay in. sorry about the counts, hopefully they will turn around soon and come up in leaps and bounds. We are thinking of you...

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea!

Jacquie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chelsea! You are definetly "2 cute". I'm glad you were feeling well enough to have your party and I hope that your numbers start to climb soon!

Nicki & Ashlyn
cp: ashlynnichole

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So glad it was a wonderful birthday! I hope her ANC recovers soon!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Chelsea is so precious! Those birthday pictures are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Chelsea
Happy birthday to you!

(OK, I'm a day late. But still.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carey,
I am a total stranger/lurker to you but wanted to tell you your daughter's story has captured me. She is adorable and I pray for her all the time. I have always thought children with DS are special and think parent advocates like you and many others will help DS children of this generation become more accepted than in the past. The great service you do your daughter and others is educating people in the fact that she is not so "different" and very special and unique. Fear and ignorance are debilitating when it comes to how people react to things. In answer to your question, if it were my own child I imagine I would go through all the same emotions you did but believe I would also parent, accept, and be proud of my own DS child and anyone else in my family. Looking forward to reading of your daughter's continued recovery. Stay strong..

Anonymous said...

She is just too cute for words, Carey! I'll be sending lots of stay healthy vibes!!

Niksmom said...

Happy birthday to one of the cutest and toughest little cookies I've seen! Love the pictures...that little tongue is too funny!

Here's a wish and a prayer that thisyear brings Chelsea continued recovering health, joy, love, and laughter a plenty! xo from Nik and his mommy.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Happy belated birthday beautiful Chelsea!!

The Foley Five said...

What a beautiful birthday girl!! Sorry to hear that your counts are all over the place... be positive!! I love her birthday pictures... she looks so pretty!! Kiss her for me!!

Proud Momma of 3 said...

Hi,

I just found your site. What a cutie Chelsea is!!! My daughter Sierra is 8 (soon to be 9, hard to believe!) also has Down Syndrome and was diagnosed with ALL on December 28, 2005. Since diagnosis it has been a long roller coaster ride but we are almost at the end of treatment. The docs say we should be done on March 30th of this year. I will keep checking in and hope that you will check in on my Sierra. Our website is www.caringbridge.org/visit/sierrakesler. I am beyond thrilled like you to have my daughter in my life and thank God for blessing my life with her. Chelsea, Happy Birthday and know you will be in my prayers!!!Kick some cancer cell booty!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea!!!!!

FBF Rothkopf said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Miss Chelsea, and many many more!

And those darn hats have been sitting on the front seat of my car for the past 2 weeks, waiting to go in the mail! I promise, this week!

Francine, and Sofia

Tracy Solomon said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Love, Tracy and Katia


www.ladybugkatia.com

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Happy 2nd Birthday!

mom2noah said...

There is my girl....so adorable. My fav ( which is always hard to do) is the one with her and the hippo. Oh how I would love to give a nice big ol hugger. Noah sends his love as well. Hope you are all enjoying you time at home and Chelsea is feeling OK.

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!! Love the photos!! So Cute!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea! We have been following your progress & are so proud of you & your strength. You are an angel baby!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea! I sure miss seeing the two of you in the hallways at The Capper Foundation. She looks so cute!Take care and hope to see you soon.

Julie Fischer