2008
2006
My baby is not a baby anymore! She's officially a big girl, two years old! I remember two years ago tonight we were still in the hospital and I was avoiding visitors like the plague. I was devastated, embarrassed, not to mention a hormonal mess! My daughter, Down syndrome, no way, I was convinced it couldn't be true. What a turn around huh?!! Here we are two years later and I want to share Chelsea with the world! Anyone who will listen right?
For my blog readers now I pose a question to you. Just answer it to yourself, no need to reply. I want you to think about how you would react. What would you do if you had a child born with Down syndrome, or any disability for that matter. What would you do if your sister or your daughter had a baby with Down syndrome? Would you be ashamed, scared, angry?
Now that you've met Chelsea (whether in person or through the internet) has she changed your perspective of children with Down syndrome? She has obviously changed mine and I hope she has touched your heart as well.
I hope that we have enlightened and encouraged at least a few people. I pray that when (and I say when not if) someone with Down syndrome comes into your life again, even if it's just a meeting on the street, that you will offer them them the same respect as any other individual.
Even if you're a first time visitor here I hope that you can see through our pictures and stories what a gift Chelsea is. Each day that we have her is a blessing and I thank God for choosing me to be her mother. Although it was her birthday yesterday, I feel I was given the most precious gift of all. I am so lucky.
Hello world!
3 years ago
8 comments:
Yes we were there that day and when we look back, we can't believe how far we have come.. As a family and as individuals. You are right, Chelsea is a gift to our family!!! Logan is so proud of her and talks about her to everyone at school. Grandpa and I talk non stop too. The lessons she has taught us are precious. We are VERY Proud to be her Grandpa and Grandma.C.....
We love you Chelsea! Michelle (Elliot, Nora and Isaac)
I think the best way to say it is, "To know her is to love her!"
Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Chelsea!!!
(((Hugs)))
Michelle
Oh my gosh, Chelsea has made such a huge differnce in my life! Before I found you guys online, I [which I am ashamed to say] would probably not be able to accept that my child has Down Syndrome. But now, I would feel blessed to someday have a kid with DS. But I don't plan on having kids anytime soon since I am only fourteen. ;)
I came to your site for the first time tonight. I was brought in by Lady Bug Katia.
I read your Happy Birthday post. I wanted to tell you, I think you have a very beautiful daughter. She is definately a gem. I think children with Down Syndrome hold a special place in my heart. I am not quite sure what it is but it could have something to do with the way they love life. Your precious little girl is an inspiration to me and I see what a blessing she is to you and your family. It really doesn't matter what people who are ignorant to DS think, we know better weither it be because she is your daughter, and I have only seen pictures and read her story. She has touched my life! Happy Birthday princess.
Hey there Carey! Cute pictures, as always!!! Let me know when you've recieved the package, I could track it to the HEnson rm 19, but from there I'm not sure where it is at. I hope she likes it!!! :)
Naomi
Hi
It's amanda from myrtle beach. I've been to your blog, but wasn't able to see how you were doing-stupid computer;)
I have to comment on this because YES my sister has a little boy, well he's not exactly little anymore he's 9 yrs old! that is devolopmentally delayed, which I call differently ABLED!, and he also was diagnosed with a small and/or underdeveloped cerebellum,which they called "cerbellum hyperplasia." So far I've never found any information on this diagnosis, except where it was seen it cats-I haven't searched in awhile, but I truly understand your post here.
Luckily, in the family I was brought up in my dad made sure it was a part of us from the beginning by his example because of what happened to his very dear brother during the polio outbreak, which was the worst in the area we are from. That's how it should be in all family's, and unfortunately it's not, but we can make a difference and help to change that.
You're right I thank God everyday that he chose my sister to be Hayden's mother, and He chose our family for Hayden!!! It is indeed a blessing!!
Your daughter as I've said before is beautiful!!
Post a Comment