Chelsea is eating and drinking again...not great, but enough to keep me happy. So far so good on the IV antibiotics. I've let Ryan do it twice on his own and both times he messed it up...he'll get it figured out before long! I've talked him into doing the 5am dose when he wakes up at 5:15...he's up anyways, so hopefully I can sleep. It's not like I'm not awake enough in the middle of the night. Even if it's just Logan like last night, "mommy! cover me up!" It's okay, just one more opportunity for me to steal another kiss.
I did get a little worried because her little tootsies and finger were very purple today. They were cold is all, her socks and been pulled off again. I checked her temp and it's in the normal range, 97.2. That sure beats 95 and 96! Her nose seems more snotty today too, let's just hope it doesn't continue to progress into something bad.
My friend Renee has a daughter w/ Down syndrome who has just finished her treatment for AML. I was reading their blog and came across this wonderful new song, Braid My Hair, so check it out. Grab a kleenex! http://www.randyowen.com/
And I'll leave you w/ this:
* Chelsea found the O2 sat cord.
Hello world!
3 years ago
12 comments:
Those pulse oximeters work so well anyhow that maybe it will pick up better like that. LOL.
Glad to hear she's eating and drinking enough to satisfy Mom. That's no small thing, I'm sure.
Where did you find those adorable little leg warmers?
Hey Carey! It's Jacque. Glad to hear you are home and Chelsea is doing better. I think of you so often and I am sorry I don't get on here more. Just thought today being my birthday maybe there was some good news on here and you had just updated, so I say thats pretty good timing! I am definitely going to go get one of those cute little pins!! Give Chelsea a big kiss for me, and Logan too. I miss all of you!
Chelsea--you're such a beautiful little girl! You don't know us, but we've been following your story and think of you often. Get well soon!
Becca & Samantha
Want a smile? Weston likes to get on here with me and see the pictures of Chels since we can't get together right now. I asked him if he wanted to listen to the song with me. He sat and listened to the whole song and then said, "That's a pretty song about Chelsea!" Cute, huh?!
We miss you guys! Glad she is perking up a bit. Go Ryan, he will be a pro before long. Tell him I said I am hitting him up for a loan when he gets his MD!
See ya soon!
Don't you LOVE that song?! I cry every time I hear it! *sniff* SO glad to hear Chelsea is eating and drinking again! YAY!
Glad to hear you all are home and getting into a routine. I will keep sending prayers your way!
Kristine
So glad you guys are back home!! Please know we have been thinking of you guys lots!!
As I sit and read your update, I have tears rolling down my cheek. WHAT A GREAT PIC!! You and your daughter have such determination and great outlooks. Even though she doesnt feel good, she finds good in it-something new to put in her mouth, something new to explore, something new to learn. You are truly someone I look up to, even though we havent met. I have found myself lost in self pitty many times and yet you think of stealing another kiss if you are woken in the night and I dont have near what you do on your plate. That is the kind of mom I want to be. You are doing great! Kisses to Chels.
Love the new picture of Chelsea. Too cute!! Praying for you daily.
I love that picture. She is so adorable. I have never commented before but I have been following Chelsea's story for a while now.
Very glad to read Chelsea is eating and drinking. I listened to the song and had a nice cry ;) That photo is adorable!! I'm with Shannon those things suck maybe it will work better Chelsea's way! I will continue to pray for your sweet little one.
Post a Comment