Saturday, January 26, 2008

Who's That?




Here's Chelsea headed to Children's. She definitely didn't look like a kid that needed to take an ambulance to the hospital, but that's how they had to do it!


Trying to get some fluids in my girl. Popsicles are hard for two year olds to actually get in their tummy though.


I just finished giving my first IV antibiotic an hour ago. I'll admit I was nervous, but it really wasn't hard at all. There's always the fear of bacteria entering her line each time it is accessed, but as always I'm extremely cautious. We arrived home around 12:30. She slept the entire way home and another hour once we arrived here. She even went to sleep early tonight, she's so tired! She did do some drinking and eating for us tonight and we are thrilled! I'm looking forward to things to start looking up for us. I don't mind the overnight antibiotics, I'm just so happy to be home. I can't forget to mention that Ryan worked his butt off cleaning last night and this morning. Everything has been bleached and wiped down again and should be safe for our little princess.

More good news? I wrote a letter to a children's cancer foundation named 'Letters of Hope' a few months ago. I told them how much the kids miss each other while they're apart and that we really wanted to get webcams so we could all talk while we're in the hospital. Well....they sent us some money last week for a laptop (with a webcam) and our computer came in the mail yesterday! I was so excited, we've been playing all evening. We're still trying to figure out how to 'chat' w/ the webcam, but we're getting there. Logan loves taking goofy pictures with the photo booth program!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Carey that's wonderful!!! I'm so glad that you guys are home. What kind of computer did you get?? That's so exciting! If you guys need any technical help, just let me know. Jeff's a computer guru!! So happy to see that you're home. ((Hugs)) to you guys.

Anonymous said...

How thrilling to have the webcam! I do hope sweet Chelsea gets stronger and stronger everyday.

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

How is it that that kid can be so sick and look so healthy? She amazes me more and more each day. So glad you guys are home. Hopefully, recovery can happen much faster where you are all more comfy.

Here's to everyone getting healthy quickly!!

Love to you all.
Chan

Anonymous said...

That's a healthy looking little girl to me;)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

What wonderful blessings... being home, Ryan being so helpful, and the new laptop!

Click Here to enter my giveaway!

The Bryant Family said...

I am glad you are home. Just use lots of alchol wipes, you will be fine. I had to do i.v. antibotics with Hunter , scary but better than sitting in the hospital for that time waiting to be done with them. That is great about the computer and webcam....that will be fun and nice for the kids. Thinking of you..

Amy Flege said...

i am so glad you are home!! hope you can stay there for a bit before the next round!
glad you got your computer and a web cam? how cool. I need to get one of those!!!!!!!!!!