Thursday, November 15, 2007

Round 2, Day 13

Chelsea's ANC is down to 19 today, it's hard to say how long she'll be bottomed out. She's acting pretty good today, her color was a little off at times. I noticed a couple of times her skin appeared purplish/bluish on her arms. It may have just been that she was chilly because it never happened again. She didn't eat very well, for lunch all she had was half of a milk shake. She did have some ravioli this evening though, so I was happy for that.

Today was better, we got our intercom muffled and steared clear of granny! We've met quite a few friends up here, and there are actually quite a few kids with AML like Chelsea. One young lady, Bailee is 15, and we've been having so much fun hanging out with her the past few days. She really likes Chelsea and her family is up here a lot, so we hang with them quite a bit. It makes the time not seem so bad. It's so amazing to see these young kiddos, they are so mature beyond their years. I just can't believe how well they handle it all and find the positive in each day.

Keep the prayers coming ... and let's continue to have an uneventful round!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how resiliant kids are? I always find it incredible when we are at the hospital how strong these kids are! It is inspiring!
I am glad to hear that you got that intercom problem solved, lol! Those darn things are so loud! And glad to hear that she ate some raviolis! Those are Carter's favs!
She is such a strong little miss!! As always I will keep her (and the rest of you, of course) in my prayers and thoughts! Oh, and the Chelsea's Butterflies kit is almost ready to go! You will be the first to receive the full preview!!
Hugs to you and yours!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I am glad to hear that you guys had a better day. I read your last entry and I was wondering if you mentioned "granny" to anybody. If she thinks like that maybe she shouldn't be in the playroom. What else is a one year old suppose to do? Well, I hope all continues to get better. Praying for you all always,Amy

Amy Flege said...

glad to hear you have something that helps pass the time. its amazing how kids deal with this horrible disease. Sounds like Bailee is a trooper!
keeping the prayers coming.......hugs!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a better day. Nothing like the intercom blaring when you are trying to get a toddler to take a nap.

Did you get my message about Sunday? I have three babies with colds. I don't think I better risk coming up to see you guys so I will call and try to find another time that works.

Hope you are getting some rest!

Tammy and Parker said...

I was just thinking it was too bad that we weren't at the same hospital right now. We could have a sleep over in Parker's room or something.

Prayers on their way.

Michelle said...

Of course, many many prayers still coming. Think and pray for you all each day! Wishing I could give you and sweet Chelsea a big Thanksgiving hug in person!