Chelsea's feeling awful again. She's on pain meds around the clock and is able to play some once they set in. Other than that she's drowsy and cranky. She's refusing to eat anything. The poor thing has to be starving. She has drank a little bit of fluids, but not enough. They'll hook her up to fluids tonight and if she still doesn't eat tomorrow they'll try giving her an appetite stimulus. Of course if that doesn't work they'll go on to the next plan which would be a feeding tube, but I can't see that happening with Chelsea. She's never gone long without eating! I think it's all caused by the mucousitis. She has those couple of mouth sores and she started to throw up this afternoon. She didn't actually throw anything up, but you could tell there was a lot of thick mucous back in her throat. I feel awful, I've never seen her so miserable. Thank God she does have happy times though. We had a good hour and a half of play before her nap just now, so that was good to see. More later!
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
I am praying for you, your beautiful daughter, and all the other sick children. My heart goes out to you. Your strength is inspiring, hang in there.
Oh poor baby! At the very least I hope the appetite stimulant will work!
hey there Carey,
I thought it might ease your worry just alittle, although I don't know how long it has been that she doesn't eat. Anyways, with Will's protocol, he was given chemo (ara-c daunorubycin) for four days straight, during those four days he was also given IV non stop as well because he wouldn't eat at ALL during those four days! but he was o.k.
It sounds like the mouth sores are the cause of her food strike, hopefully they can figure something out to ease the pain so she'll eat! Praying for you!!!!
Hang in there and keep the music playing!!! :)
Poor peanut!!!! I'm so sorry that she is feeling awful; I just picture her smile and can't imagine her feeling badly. We're thinking of you and praying for Chelsea!!!
Melissa & Garrett
I have to say when I read about Chelsea's 2nd round of chemo it sounds exactly like the 2nd on my friend did.
When my friend had the mouth sores they were terribly painful and she could hardly talk for 2 weeks.
I hope Chelsea picks up and is feeling better soon. Hugs to your sweet girl.
Just thinking of you Carey. Of course, we do daily, but you've been on my mind a lot lately. Sending additional prayers and am hoping that you are able to enjoy Thanksgiving. Love from Elliot and I...
Carey,
I am so sorrry to hear about Chelsea's hunger strike. I am praying for you all. I think being a parent is truly the hardest career in the world. Watching kids suffer is truly horrible.
KRistine
Post a Comment