Friday, October 12, 2007

The Problem With Technology

So it was a great idea to update family and friends via the Internet, but when technology fails and I'm unable to update, people worry. Rest assured our little Chelsea is as ornery and spunky as ever. In fact, she didn't go to bed until 1:30am this morning! We woke her up at 8am and prepped her for her bone marrow biopsy. She was still awake, but very sleepy for the procedure and wasn't aware of what was going on. I actually stayed in the room this time and watched it. I did really well throughout, but as soon as they were done I had to excuse myself. I noticed as I was walking out of there my legs felt like jello, so I sat down in the playroom until I could get my feet under me again. Within minutes she was waking up, trying to sit up and trying to crawl off of the table! Ryan took her into our room to rock her and hopefully give her some down time to come out of it. She insisted down time was not necessary and forced her way out of his arms down to the ground. She went right into walking and playing as if nothing had happened. If you remember from the last time she had this procedure the doctors told us she may be sore, she may not walk much today etc. Well let's just say the doctors got a kick out of watching her run the halls during their rounds this morning. It just amazes me that the chemo therapy, 7 short hours of sleep, sedation medicine and a biopsy can't stop her!!! They've been giving her benedryl for her rash (which isn't helping), and although it doesn't necessarily wire her, it doesn't knock her out either. Today we were told that we will discontinue the zinc supplement in order to try and identify what is causing the rash. Cross your fingers we get it figured out soon!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear! er read ;)

Angie

Pam said...

Keeping our fingers crossed here!! I hate rashes!!

Sounds like she is amazing everyone as always...

Go Chelsea!!

Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chelsea! What a little trooper she is. I am so glad to hear she is still as perky as ever.

We aer headed out of town for a few days, but I will call when we get back.

You will be in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

man that girl is tough!
give her big hugs from us
love Vicki and Emme

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

It was so good to see you guys tonight! I will definitely be in touch. We will miss you like crazy, but we will return and you will be my first stop back! I am so sorry I thought about the biopsy, but never asked about it, when do you get results? oh I hope they figure out this rash soon, although it seems to bother us more than her...she's a fighter no doubt!
Love to all!!!

Anonymous said...

Carey you are a brave mom to be in there...I am affaid I would have turned to jelly as we were walking in.

Chels you are a silly girl! Nothing can keep you down...