The nurse brought in her labs this morning and her ANC is 19! Not much of a rise, but it's up from 0 yesterday! I'm still waiting for the doctors to go on rounds, but Chelsea's feeling good today, so I can't imagine they wouldn't okay her to go home Wed. or Thurs. We'll need at least one more day on the rise, which I'm confident we'll see tomorrow. Ryan said he spent 2 hours last night scrubbing the bathroom. It wasn't all that dirty, but he said he'd lick the toilet now...for free. Maybe someone needs to challenge him, hmmmmmm. We've decided the upstairs bathroom will be for Chelsea only so we don't have to worry as much about bacteria from others in there.
I talked to a nurse in the discharge office today and it looks like we're scheduled for round 2 on October 26 and November 2. I think what will happen is we'll go in on the 26th, get chemo for 2 days, and then stay over night and leave on the 29th. Then we'll return on November 2 for two more days of chemo and then stay for count recovery which is what we've been here for the past few weeks. The good news? If everything goes well, we'll be HOME for Halloween! Did I mention earlier we already picked out her costume? I think it will be a hit this year! You'll have to wait until Halloween to see it though!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
ANC 19!
at
10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yay Chelsea!! She is kicking this things behind, lol! So glad to hear that she is going to go home soon (knock on wood, lol)! I will continue to keep her in my prayers!!
Jeanette and Carter
(Chapter 11 in Gifts :))
Glad she is feeling better today! I am laughing at the thought of Ryan licking a toliet! That's a good housekeeper, for sure!
Can't wait to see her costume!
YAY! Home for Halloween!
If Ryan is stressed and needs to clean to manage it, I can surely send him some work. :-)
You hang in there, Chelsea and family! My son Archie, who also has Down syndrome, had AML-M7. Although treatment was trying and difficult, Archie has been in remission for over two years now. You'll get through this. Just keep hoping and praying for the best. Gonna page your prayer pager right now...
Take care,
Anne
www.archiesroom.com
Here is a big prayer your way that your family can be together, at HOME, on halloween! And I can't wait to know what her costume is going to be.
So good to talk to you tonight and get caught up. You were right that rash was ICKY!!! Glad that is behind you now.
I am so excited to hear you are heading home!!!! Cancer is just no match for that baby now is it?!!!
Now as far as Ryan licking the toilet; I think you should charge admission. It could be like a fundraiser. Some people sell ribbons, some people have poker runs, but you guys have the husband licking the toilet. MMMMmmmmm!!!!!!
Good luck the next couple of days!! I love the prayer beeper. I am calling it right now!
Give her a hug from us!
That is sooo exciting that you get to go home soon. I know you must be going crazy at CMH. It will feel so good to be at home for once. I am glad Chelsea is feeling much better. I know what you mean by going on a cleaning frinzy. We did the same thing before Bella came home. We CLEANED everything. You just want to do what you can to make sure your baby doesn't get sick. During last winter before surgery, my husband went as far as to take everyone's temp before they entered our house and he also sprayed them down with Lysol!! Keeping you in our prayers
Megan
Post a Comment