Sunday, September 09, 2007

Preschool Update



Well last week I gave Logan's preschool the "two weeks notice" they requested. I feel like I'm quitting my job or something...I figured though if I'm paying for the next two weeks of "daycare", I may as well use it, so I'm going to continue to take him through Friday.

In the mean time we have found the most amazing preschool that we started last Thursday morning. As a teacher I can tell you this woman is a dream! Like I mentioned last week, she truly wants to be there, she's absolutely not doing it for the money. Here's how his first day went.

We were walking down the stairs to the back of her home and I was really talking it up, like Logan you're going to have so much fun today, aren't you excited. He looks at me and says, "are you gonna come back and get me?" My heart just about stopped. "Of course, I'll be back to get you in just a little bit. I would never just leave you somewhere and not come back." I guess that's all he needed to hear because after that, he wasn't nervous at all. I dropped him off (on time) and he unloaded his supplies. As I was telling him good bye and kissing on him I really started to worry. I felt bad leaving him since he'd never met the teacher before. So I kept asking him, "are you okay?" I think after a couple of minutes he just wanted me to leave! How did I raise this kid to be like this...is it bad that he's not nervous...shouldn't he be a little bit scared...???

After 3 hours at his new preschool, mommy was there waiting for him, camera in hand of course! In his backpack was a folder...it had two weekly readers, a picture they had painted with yellow stars, a handwriting worksheet (he's working on tracing lines), and there was a yellow paper that described their day. I LOVE this idea. I knew exactly what he did at school and was able to ask him specifically, "what happened in the book _________?" It was awesome b/c that jogged his memory and he told me all about it. The note to parents also said that they sang a couple of songs, they learned the sign for yellow, and they painted yellow stars using starfruit! Her note was even printed on yellow paper! Okay, so maybe only another teacher can get excited about that, but I thought it was so cute! Oh yes, and he even has homework to return on Tuesday! I have a really good feeling about this...I'm looking forward to a fabulous year!


And I had to add this after school fun. Yes, that's a locust Logan has in his hand...


and he's such a naughty little boy, but he sure thinks he's funny...he's gonna scare sissy...


but he forgets sissy has no fear!

4 comments:

Amy Flege said...

oh iam so glad its working out!! how is chels doing without her bro home???

Michelle said...

Carey - sounds like you have found a great place! Happy to hear Logan loves his new school. Love the pictures of the kids.

Michelle - Matthew's Mom

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I think you did the right thing moving him. I think you will both be much happier at the new daycare the way it sounds.

The Mom said...

Sooo happy you found a better solution for Logan! This preschool sounds like it will be wonderful - yayyyy! Sorry you had to give two weeks notice - what a pain.

Too funny that Chelsea wasn't scared :)