My lovey girl is definitely starting to show signs that she is sick and on chemotherapy. Today she is sluggish and tired. We gave her a bath this morning in the tub. The nurse helped and covered her Hickman up very well with, of all things, Glad Press n' Seal!!! That really surprised me, but whatever works I guess. A friend suggested wrapping saran wrap and I think that may work better for us, we'll just have to experiment and see. Chelsea wasn't thrilled about the bath as she's developed a HUGE anxiety towards everyone except Ryan and I. After her bath she slept for a little while until the phone rang....The doctors were doing rounds when she woke up, and they were so impressed that she woke up with a smile! She just sat up, smiled and waved at them. *It would have been a different story though if they tried to touch her. She definitely likes people better from a distance.
She likes riding around the halls in a wagon or push car. I tried to let her walk today in the halls but she only made it a few steps. Once she fell, you could see how hard she was trying to stand up. She just couldn't really get up from the squatting position, and she lets out a little grunt when she tries. She did resort back to her bear crawl though, which is okay, b/c it's soooo darn cute! Her eyes are really red and puffy today, but the Dr. thinks it's just the retention of all the fluid. They say she's taking the chemo very well, much better than we as adults would. I'm so proud of her and her uplifting attitude really helps keep our spirits high!
Hello world!
3 years ago
13 comments:
How could anyone not be impressed with that beautiful smile. Its a keeper, that's for sure.
I wanted to let you know in case my email messes up again and you didn't get my message that Logan is all set for tomorrow and a big trip to the zoo. Do have Ryan call his grandma though as I told her he would.
Take care of you and we will keep praying!
Oh bless her sweet little soul! Carey, thanks for so eloquently sharing your journey with us. It's so inspiring. I feel so heartbroken that Chelsea has to hurt and become sick just to get better. She really is a testament of courage and inner strength.
I found you through Rhett's blog today. Your family's trial touches me very deeply. my nearly 4 yr old son spent the first 7 monthsof his life in the NICU and still has many ongoing subtle health issues. I understand the fear and anxiety you must be feeling. I will keep you all, especially Chelsea, in my prayers. If it's Ok with you, I'd like to write a post about Chelsea and include a link to your blog for other mom-bloggers (lots of special needs, too) to visit and offer any support, prayers or whatever they can.
God Bless your beautiful little girl and your entire family.
I've posted somethign on my blog:
http://maternal-instincts.blogspot.com/2007/09/chelseas-life-challenge.html
God Bless you.
Keep it up Chelsea! And Carey and Ryan and all. Way to go. Carey, someday when this is all behind you, you should combine your blog entries into a book. You have such a knack for writing and you're already a published author. We're proud of Chelsea and all of you! I spoke to Leslie on Friday and we are all set for the pumpkin event. Good thing you switched the day! Our minds will be on your little pumpkin. Oh yes, we spoke to Father Brian at MPH and his prayers are with all of you. xoxo Annie
Carey - I find myself at your site often looking for new posts on Chelsea. She has been on our minds and in our hearts. Thank you for allowing us to share in this journey. Sending hugs to you my friend and joining everyone else in the circle of prayer.
you are still in our prayers. I love the new background!! It is so bright and cheery.
I love the new look, it fits Chelsea perfect! We plan on visiting tomorrow, be thinking of things you may want us to bring, I will call!
Big hugs and tons of prayers coming your way!
Wow the new little is soooooooo very girly and is so sweet. Just like Chels..
I found your site through Gabi's, and I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and your family that you have the strength to get through this! Take care!
That is one amazing little girl you have there. Crazy how we find strength in the strength of our children! Supposed to be the other way around isn't it? haha
Love Ya Guys!
Carey I've been thinking about you constantly since you first posted about all this. I check your blog 3 to 4 times a day. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Give Chelsea big hugs from us here in Virginia.
We found you through Gabi, and have been getting regular updates from Jason and Micah. I just wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful baby girl. She touched my heart at the very first picture. We will be with you on this journey.
The Cain's
Post a Comment