Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gifts of Gabi's Grace


We visited our friends Jason and Micah last night. Through our online T21 forum we were able to collect a few special gifts for them in memory of our little angel Gabi. I took over a basket from all of us filled with goodies. We included a scrapbook with pre-made pages from online friends all over the country, pinwheels for Gabi, a gift card to develop all their pictures of her, Down syndrome awareness bracelets (with Gabi's birthstone) for Micah and big sister Gracie, a quilt in Gabi's memory and an AWESOME check to add to their new foundation, Gifts of Gabi's Grace. I feel so lucky to be a part of this group and to be able to share all of these gifts with them. Here's a picture of them with Chelsea showing off their gifts. I love the picture because all three of them have gorgeous smiles and you can see Chelsea's little bracelet that reads Gifts of Gabi's Grace. (Ignore the black eye, she wasn't in a car accident, please read the post below for details!)

Here's a picture of the quilt I made. It has pictures of Gabi on it and there are tulips embroidered all over. The tulips get their meaning through the story Welcome to Holland. There are 221 tulips to be exact...the number of days we were blessed here on Earth with baby Gabi. I used the camo to represent her strength, as she was quite a little fighter.


close up of the tulips

4 comments:

Kei said...

The quilt is awesome!!!
Thanks for updating... I hope you gave Micah & Jason lots of hugs from the gang at T21.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I have been showing off the quilt to everyone...I am even taking it with us tomorrow.
How is Chels mouth? We'll see you tomorrow.
Love to all!

Amy Flege said...

thanks for doing all that carey.. the quilt looks awesome!!! i love it!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

The quilt is just gorgeous!