Just reporting quickly that we started chemo via the Hickman line in her superior vena cava around 12:30am! Quite the process, pharmacy mixing and triple checking, nurses here triple checking, then preparing. On Chelsea's end she had to have two different meds to prevent any allergic reactions (hopefully): first benadryl, I don't remember the other. They each took 15 minutes though to get through her line. But finally it's started and it's been about an hour, so the actual chemo is just now starting to enter her body. It's taken that long to move through the tube. I just checked and it looks okay (but what do I know???) I just can't get over this sick feeling of 'am I poisoning my baby?'
Hello world!
3 years ago
15 comments:
I am praying for your daughter and for you and your family. May God keep you all safe and make this painful time as smooth as possible. Your daughter sounds like such a fighter and I bet she battles this like a trooper and is better soon!
Take care and God Bless.
Something has invaded your daughters body.You're trying to poision that bug so your daughter can be free from all the trouble it could cause.
The mind wandering is the most difficult part. Pick a good thought of why you are there and every time you start to wander force yourself to come back to that thought! ;-)
With all the prayers, love, and support along with a few chemicals that beautiful angel is going to pull through this I just know it!
Love you guys
Jason, Micah, Gracie, Angel Gabi, Baby Acker
Praying for Chelsea as she is going through chemo now; praying for healing to take place in her body, praying she stays strong through it all, praying the side effects aren't too hard on her, and praying for you and guys watchig your daughter fight this disease.
I read your post below about losing; I hope you know its ok to lose it and cry and get mad and whatever emotions you are feeling - this is something no parent ants their child to go through. It's ok to have a meltdown; I'm sure that's quite common and a normal reaction. Just wanted to send you some cyber hugs and more prayers.
I know you're very busy but if/when you have a chance could you email me the mailing address of how to send Chelsea something in the hospital? Or I could ask Amy if she has it. Thanks.
You're in my constant thoughts and prayers . . .
KATY
Hang in there! I struggle all the time thinking about the chemicals we're putting into my son's body, but he's alive!!!
Praying for Chelsea and all of you as you start this journey.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnbremer
Ann Bremer
Chemo sucks... it's this life saving thing that makes your child's hair fall out, can make them sick when they never seemed sick in the first place, and can cause long term complications. BUT it's fighting an inner battle... and it's on OUR side. Sometimes you need a bad guy to do the dirty work we parents could never do.
There's a war going on in Chelsea's body right now and we pray the chemo is victorious without causing long term fall out. We pray she won't be too sick with it and that she can keep eating (SO important). As hard as it is knowing this poison is going into your daughter's body, she deserves the chance to live.
One day, prayerfully, you will be able to say, "Remember when Chelsea had Leukemia and we had to spend 6 months in the hospital?" And Chelsea will say, "When was that mommy? I don't remember!" I am praying for that day for my own family as well.
Hang in there, I know right now the road seems long with no end in sight, but take one day at a time. Before you know it you'll be sitting where we are... in a hospital room, done with the LAST chemo, just waiting on counts so we can put this all behind us!
I am curious what regimin Chelsea is on... Kennedy was not on the typical AML regimin either but only because she had a bad reaction to one of the chemos. If you think about it sometime (like you have nothing else to do) can you post the names of her chemos?
We pray for Chelsea every day... pray that she will be ruling the hospital halls like Kennedy does here and that everyone will be amazed at how well she is doing! Please, if you ever want to talk, feel free to email.
Renee
Mommy to Kennedy (Ds and AML)
www.carepages.com
site name: KennedyGarcia
CAmommy2KJ@aol.com
Indeed, Carey, “Having children is like watching your heart walk around outside your body.” Please know that all of our hearts are with you as you head down this arduous road. May God give you and your family some peace.
And, dear, dear Chelsea, Elliot sends all of his love and many kisses. Stay strong, friend...stay very strong!
Carey..I know this is got to be the hardest thing in the world for any mom. But you can look at it as the juice of life. The juice that will save her life so she can one day soon be free from all of this. Faith, sometimes that is all we have, hold on to that faith you have. We love you all and are praying daily for Chelseas health and for you to stay strong.
You don't know me, but I am Amy Flege's cousin. She has told me ALL about you and your family. I just want you to know that I am praying for you all and you sound like such a good mommy so keep up the good work. I can't even start to imagine what you are feeling, but wow.....stay strong. Please give that little pumpkin lots of hugs and kisses!!
Corrie Gade
Carey,
We're here, we love you guys, and we're sending tons of prayers for Chelsea. Your strength and love will carry all of you through this.
Amy & Emma
I want you to know that myself along with many, many others would do the same thing. You are doing what you feel is right, and it may be hard knowing what it is, but you are doing what is suppose to help Chelsea. Who wouldn't want to help their baby? It would be so much easier if love would cure all things, you seem to have the curable dose. Although, unfortunately it doesn't cure medical problems, it does cure the heart, mind and soul of Chelsea. You seem to be such a wonderful mother, just continue to be there, but it is so ok that you lose it and break down. You would not stay sane if you didn't. Just know that my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you all. Amy
Oh Carey, I just now found out about Chelsea. You are in our prayers and thoughts and we are sending you lots of positive energy and love. Stay strong.
Cris, Max's mom from T21online
Carey, Ryan and Chelsea-
We are thinking of all of you and praying for your little one.
Jay, Sammy and Kaleb
We told Abby and Weston today that Chelsea is sick and in the hospital and you know I think Abby said it best of all. She looked at me and said, "It's okay Mommy, Chelsea is tough. She'll get better and then we can go to the zoo". How about that, even the little ones know how tough that girl is! So when the days are dark and you question yourself and the decisions you make just remember you do the best you can as a parent, put them in God's hands and then pray for healing with all of your heart. I really believe that no kid has a better chance than Miss Chelsea.
I have watched you, Ryan and Logan grow and change since Chelsea was born and I can tell you I don't know any parent that could do it better.
Love tonight from the whole Dunbar family. YOu are constantly in our thoughts.
Carey, we have been out and about all day, but all along I have been keeping Chelsea close in thought and prayers...as I knew that today was going to be the start of the chemo.
You are an incredible Mother and I send you all of my love and support as I know you are traveling a very difficult and emotional journey. Your precious girl is in the best of hands.....GODS, the Doctors and Yours.
All of our love, Tara Marie & Emma Sage
Post a Comment