A family in Ohio will go to sleep tonight without their precious little boy. Much too early, at 13 months he has gone to heaven. Like Chelsea he had an extra chromosome and held a special place in the hearts of many. Please think of him and his family as they need our prayers. In light of my sadness, I reflect on the precious children I have been blessed with.
My favorite part of the day comes each night before I lay down for bed. I turn on the hall light, it's just enough that I can see, but not too much as to disturb anyone already sleeping. First I go into my sons room. He's usually sleeping between the matress and the wall, or with his feet at the head of the bed, so I rearrange him, carefully placing his head on his pillow. He rarely wakes. Then I lean in and kiss him a few times and whisper, "good night, I love you." Most of the time he'll hear my voice and reply, "I wuv you too," in a quiet sleepy voice. OH I love hearing that. He's just so gentle, so sweet and precious! After watching him for a minute I move through the hall into my daughter's bedroom. I don't dare move her for fear she will awake. Everyone knows, you never wake a sleeping baby! If she wakes up she'll think she needs to nurse again. So I just watch her. Her soft chubby little cheeks, her tiny little lips and her little tongue. She's so relaxed. Her arms laying out next to her and one leg usually raised out to the side in a position that looks painful to most. But to her it's just perfect. She looks as if she's found just the right spot and she couldn't be more comfortable if she tried! If I step in the wrong spot though and the floor creeks, she'll roll over and start to wake up. Then she brings her lips together, making sweet little sucking sounds as if she's still eating. I can't tell you how much these kids melt my heart. My favorite quote, "having children is like watching your heart walk around outside your body." I couldn't describe it any better. Give your kids hugs and kisses tonight. Tell them how much you love them and enjoy each and every moment you share together.
Hello world!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment