Since Chelsea's now officially a toddler, she was up to no good this afternoon, getting into stuff. Her favorite thing to do is stand up to our end table (which she's trying to do right now.) She stood up to the end table then fell back (she has no graceful method to get back to the floor besides flopping back onto her bum.) Well sure enough her tongue was out and those teeth chomped down and went all the way through her tongue! I didn't think there was anything they could do, but it wouldn't stop bleeding so the dr. said take her to the ER. They checked her out and decided they'd have to sedate her and stitch it up. When they looked closer they could see that she hit an artery and the blood was literally pumping out of her tongue. I could see it just gushing out. It was awful. So after knocking her out w/ a drug they compare to LSD they put 3 stitches in her little tongue. It was really scary to watch as her eyes were open and she just layed there. She woke up with a vengence, thrashing, grunting and flopping all over, then she went back to sleep. We let her sleep about an hour, then she was feeling much better. A little sleepy but better. She just nursed and did great. I was a little nervous it might start bleeding again. So let's cross our fingers she doesn't chew the stitches out or make it start bleeding again!
I have to add she's now blowing rasberries in an attempt to blow out whatever this strange thing is on her tongue! She's so cute!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
Yikes! That looks like it was painful! I think those stitches would be irritating for me too!
Oh, poor baby!! I hope it heals quickly!
Post a Comment