Friday, November 10, 2006

Ten Months Ago...

I was laying in a hospital bed crying my eyes out. Things have changed quite a bit since then as our lives have taken an incredible detour from the life I had mapped out. We had an exciting week as once again Chelsea was impressing her therapists. She just gets stronger every week! She's also picked up another sign. It's "HI" and "BYE". Yes, she started waving. It's the sweetest thing and after she waves she starts clapping! She's also getting up on all fours quite often as she has figured out she moves when she does this. The only problem is she moves backwards! We'll keep working on it.

She's eating all kinds of foods now. She's a pro at eating most baby foods, so we're moving on to table foods. Tonight she ate peas and macaroni and cheese right off of my plate. She loved the peas. I put a spoonful on her tray and she went after them like a wolverine. It was so cute. She's chewing really well. I was impressed at how well she could chew the macaroni and move it from the middle to the front of her mouth. That was great. Sometimes it would start to fall out of her mouth and she'll stick her pudgy little hand up there to shove it back in. Every now and again it just falls out and she'll just get a new fistfull of food.

Here are Chelsea's new chompers. They've grown so fast. I finally got a good picture of them!


I also learned a new technique to get her brother to eat...I told him sissy was going to beat him. I've never seen him eat up his veggies so quickly! We'll have to try that again tomorrow!

Here are some more precious pix I took tonight.
Can you do this?

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hi - both your children are just gorgeous - I loved the one of them kissing - my Hannah at 24 months still does that open mouthed number - eew!