Saturday, November 11, 2006

Stranger Anxiety

Well my little munchkin sure knows who her mommy is. Last Tuesday I left her with our neighbor for 15 minutes while I went down the street to vote. Much to my surprise I came home to a screaming infant. Her nose was running, she was breathing heavily and her eyes were bright red. My precious neighbor said, oh she didn't cry the whole time, it's okay. Bless her heart!

Then on Thursday while sitting on the floor greeting students entering Jazzercise she burst out in tears. I was around the corner putting on my makeup and I realize she was crying at one of the students that was trying to talk to her. Then, everytime I stepped out of sight she would scream again!

Now it's gotten to where she'll cry if I leave the room she's in. And her crying has gotten oh so cute. As she's sitting up, she drops her head down (very dramatically I might add) then sticks the bottom lip out and belts it out. It's too cute!

Today I tried to leave her with Grandma while I went to the bathroom, but she wasn't having it. Grandma stood outside the bathroom door so she could hear me talking to her while I tried to get 30 free seconds to tinkle. I guess I need to wait until the kids are sleeping to do that. What was I thinking?

All and all though, I am very happy my sweetie pie has stranger anxiety. Instead of seeing it as I did w/ Logan (oh great, now he'll cry and never let me leave his side!) I see it as a milestone. She has the cognitive ability to differentiate me from strangers, and she's comforted by her mother, the one who feeds her, changes her and loves her inside and out!

No comments: