I tried to dream about what this would be like. What would my daughter's voice sound like, what kinds of things would she say? I often wondered if we would understand her well enough to laugh at the cute things she came up with.
The answer is yes.
We were headed into the bathroom tonight and I asked her if she wanted a bath or a shower.
"Shower," she replied quickly. Then she immediately changed her response, and while holding her knee, she said, "No. Bath. No band-aid off."
She has a fear of band-aid removal these days. It could possibly be that she's traumatized from all the dressing changes over her Hickman.
While preparing for the bath I noticed she was wearing a boys pull-up, not the flowered pull-ups I send to school. I asked her, "whose pull-up are you wearing?"
"Bert." (The name of her para.)
I couldn't help but giggle. She pulled my hands from my face, looked me in the eye and said, "no funny."
Maybe she didn't intend to be funny, but it was hard not to laugh. So I asked her again, "whose pull-up is this?"
"Peggy." (The name of the other para.)
It seems like it's all coming along for her. She sings, she yells, she bosses us around. Most people don't understand her, but that's typical for young children developing speech. At first, they're only understood by the people they spend the most time with. No doubt, she's making progress, and that's all I can ask for!
Hello world!
3 years ago
2 comments:
michael kors pas cher, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, jordan pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, christian louboutin shoes, chanel handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, polo outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, longchamp outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike free, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet
moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, louis vuitton, pandora charms, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, ugg, replica watches, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, toms shoes, karen millen uk, links of london, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, moncler, moncler uk, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg uk, coach outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose, hollister, doudoune moncler, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry
Post a Comment