My boy is just that. All boy.
He's sweet and funny, but ornery.
He's known for asking questions. Lots of them. His mind goes a hundred miles a minute and doesn't slow down until his busy little brain is asleep.
Sometimes when he says something funny, I don't correct him. Sometimes I say funny things, he believes me, and I never say, "just kidding!"
His innocence and naivety, it will fade with time. He's getting smarter everyday, and catching me in my little white lies. I'm going to hold on to my baby as long as I possibly can.
A few things I just can't bring myself to tell him quite yet:
1. Sesa*many, as in Sesame Street, only has three syllables, not four.
2. I've never called juvenile hall. I don't even know their number.
3. That dressing we put on our salad isn't kee*zer, as it appears to read on the bottle, it's pronounced see*zer (cesar).
4. Girls don't have "china's". China is a place, not a thing.
5. McDonald's doesn't close at 6:00pm.
6. There are no camera's disguised as fire alarms in our house, they really are just smoke detectors. If you choose not to tell me the truth, I'd probably never know.
7. Fart isn't THE f*word. It's not even a bad word, and you probably wouldn't get in trouble for using it in front of anyone else but me.
8. The police officer will not come put you in jail for hurting your sister. Or for saying a bad word, or changing your card at school. And he didn't pull us over the other day because you were misbehaving.
9. Yes, you're right, everyone else in your class does have a Wii.
10. And finally, there is no old lady. That was not her house at the end of the road that burnt down last year. She is not watching you eat your vegetables and watching you go to sleep. The only old lady around our house is me, your Mom.
Hello world!
3 years ago
9 comments:
Enjoyed this one, Carey -
Hahaha!! Great little lies, Carey. And very, very useful ones at that. Must remember some of them... :-)
hahaha! Love it!
Oh, I love those! And I can totally relate. Sam called an octopus an "octy-pock" for many years, and Micah continues to add syllables whenever possible.
But the "best" was when Sam told a school therapist that he thought he was "The S Word" - she was greatly relieved to find out he meant "stupid" rather than anything else...
In our house, we have that "f-word" too... it's not allowed. Just cuz I don't like it. No other reason needed. Don't know why it's especially bothersome, but it's a "bad" word in my presence.
The cameras in smoke detectors...brilliant.
Dear Carey,
I am new to this blog and after reading a bit I have to admit that I almost envy you because of your energy and optimism and at the same time I feel very sypathetic. I have three children and Katharina has Down Syndrome. While I was pregnant with my youngest, I was diagnosed breast cancer. This was seven years ago. Now, every day is precious to me, even if I am exhausted because of all the things a working mom has to do. Take care!
Great blog! I just came across it and was laughing my whole way through this post! I'm a new mom of a little boy with down syndrome. And we couldnt be more proud!
michael kors pas cher, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, jordan pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, christian louboutin shoes, chanel handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, polo outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, longchamp outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike free, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet
moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, louis vuitton, pandora charms, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, ugg, replica watches, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, toms shoes, karen millen uk, links of london, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, moncler, moncler uk, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg uk, coach outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose, hollister, doudoune moncler, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry
Post a Comment