Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summertime with Mom

It's been so long, I almost forgot how to login to my blog! Doesn't mean I'm out of things to say, just out of time to say them. Want a quick run down?
Chelsea: tonsil-less, sleeping hard, nightmares, Curious George, conductive hearing loss, hearing aide, summer school speech, more Curious George, oncologist - clear, cardiologist - clear, ENT - clear, audiologist - pass (barely), no hearing aide, lunch dates and shopping with mom, sinus infection, green, eww, crabby, new stroller w/ childproof straps = happy mom

Logan: SECOND grader, bored, climbs walls, bored, TV, wrestling camp, bored, swim school, bored, summer camp, obsession w/ Diary of a Wimpy kid books, Diary of a Wimpy kid books banned from house, continued food protests, worst mom in the world, chores, mean awful mom, self monitoring daily To Do's = happy mom

Ryan: school, study, 3am wake-up, sleep, clinicals, study, sleep, study, LPN graduation July 1 = (you guessed it) happy mom!!!

Me: grade cards, classroom cleanup, interview, new job, resignation, chase Chelsea, discipline Logan, drive, drive, drive ... read, read, read, ... sleep (dare I?) = happy mom

Whew. Did you get all that? Blogging is on my to do list. Evidently I'm not self monitoring quite so well. I'll work on that, because I know you might want some details.

And because you know I have a camera with me at all times, here's a peek at some of the fun things we've done this summer!

One last meal before tonsil surgery


headed up for surgery with Curious George



What in the world just happened to me? No pictures please.


You didn't think we'd forget the babylegs did you?

A week and a half later ... almost as good as new!



A new cousin!




Dream Night at the Zoo


What do we do when they get dirty? ... You can't beat free entertainment!



7 comments:

RK said...

Good to get an update, even a short n' sweet style update. :o)

Would love to hear a bit more about the tonsilectomy experience if you get a chance... we're headed for Braska's on 8/4. I'm collecting stories, and I've heard good and bad. So if you get time to tell us how it went... thanks!!

Becca said...

Fabulous, Carey!! It's so nice to see an update! Glad Chelsea didn't need hearing aids and that the tonsilectomy has helped her sleeping. The pictures are absolutely precious! Have a fun summer, and don't forget more periodic updates...

Janet said...

Oh my gosh...you have had a very busy summer so far. You must fill us in on all of the teases you gave us--such as a new job! Wow! Two new jobs in 2 years. Can't wait to hear about it.
Glad to hear the tonsilectomy helped Chelsea's sleeping. She sure is adorable. I love the picture of her in her little bikini standing with her hands on her hips. Too cute!
Both of your children are adorable.

Congrats to Ryan on almost completing his degree. I think he is going to be a great nurse. Does he plan on going on and getting his RN license?

I know how busy and hectic life can get, but, I look forward to hearing more from you this summer. I have missed your adventures and pictures.

Have a great summer.

Janet
COLE'S Prayer Team

Anonymous said...

What new job???? So exciting:) We should try to get Aidan and Logan together...they sound soooo similar...especially the BORED part:)
Talk to you soon.
Niki, Aidan and Madeline

Edie Mindell said...

I love your blog!!!! And you have a great family with loving kids and husband beside you. :-) I love all the pictures you posted here. It seems that you and your family had a fun and memorable summer. That's great!!! Keep posting.:-)

oakleyses said...

vans outlet, lululemon, valentino shoes, nike air max, wedding dresses, nike roshe run, p90x workout, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, baseball bats, timberland boots, soccer shoes, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, ray ban, converse outlet, iphone cases, babyliss, hermes belt, new balance shoes, mont blanc pens, lancel, louboutin, soccer jerseys, ghd hair, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, ferragamo shoes, hollister, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, oakley, longchamp uk, vans, beats by dre, gucci, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike air max, hollister clothing, insanity workout, nike trainers uk, nfl jerseys, converse

oakleyses said...

moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, supra shoes, louis vuitton, pandora charms, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, marc jacobs, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, pandora jewelry, ugg, replica watches, wedding dresses, louis vuitton, toms shoes, karen millen uk, links of london, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, moncler, moncler uk, canada goose jackets, canada goose, ugg uk, coach outlet, canada goose uk, canada goose, hollister, doudoune moncler, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler, swarovski crystal, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry