It's your birthday! La di da de here's your song!!! Is there anything more fun that waking your kids up at dawn with obnoxiously cheerful birthday music?
Today my sweet little boy turns SEVEN! Where does the time go? Often I wish I could press pause and they would just stay little. With each year it seems there are fewer firsts, things tend to smell worse, and everything gets bigger ... feet, teeth, and attitude.
Over the past year Logan has grown physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively. He has lost FIVE more teeth for a grand total of seven. His bank is brimming with magical gold dollars from the tooth fairy. He began playing soccer this year. The season began with sheer excitement, but the novelty has worn off and now he prefers small talk with the goalie over chasing the ball. Those shiny cleats and fancy shin guards weren't cheap though so he may give soccer another shot in the fall.
At this time last year we were planning for Kindergarten graduation. He was just a baby, my little guy. Now he's practically a second grader. I should count my blessings that he hasn't been kicked out of school. He earned a ticket to the principal's office the FIRST week of first grade. I wasn't proud, but looking back he learned a lot from that little visit. His principal made quite an impression.
I had hoped by seven he would be a better eater, but no such luck. I remember the doctor telling us this was just a "phase" and he'll grow out of it. That was at his two year old well child visit. Unfortunately I think some of it is starting to catch up with him because he's still wearing the same size 7 pants from last year. His feet have grown ... and not just a size or two. Who knew fungus could grow so quickly on a stinky, wet, size 1 foot?
Logan's 6th year was filled with all kinds of illness. I think every single virus he had this year was accompanied with a fever - which means his school nurse has me on speed dial these days. I easily took six or seven sick days staying home with the poor kid, and that's not counting the sick days grandma and grandpa took to stay with him. It seems fitting that he's ending this year with one last fever. We actually had a three week run of health in our family - it was about time for someone to come down sick. The worst part is he has to be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school ... so no birthday treats or extra birthday recess tomorrow. I also postponed his overnight.
Despite the trials, tribulations, and tinea pedis, I am tremendously proud of my not so little guy. I love him more than words can express. I can't imagine what this next year will bring, but I am sure of one thing; there's never a lack of excitement!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Happy, happy birthday, handsome boy!! Sorry he's under the weather, though. :-(
Happy Birthday, Logan! We sure miss you guys. I hope his day was great and he is feeling better.
michael kors pas cher, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, jordan pas cher, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, christian louboutin shoes, chanel handbags, polo ralph lauren, longchamp pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, polo outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, longchamp outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, nike free, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet
timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister uk, nike air force, mulberry uk, hogan outlet, true religion jeans, nike free uk, oakley pas cher, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, north face, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, true religion outlet, michael kors, vans pas cher, hollister pas cher, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, polo lacoste, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, burberry outlet, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet online, kate spade, north face uk, michael kors outlet, new balance, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, sac vanessa bruno, guess pas cher, nike air max uk, nike roshe run uk, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, abercrombie and fitch uk, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, nike tn, replica handbags, coach purses, uggs outlet, nike air max uk, coach outlet
vans outlet, lululemon, valentino shoes, nike air max, wedding dresses, nike roshe run, p90x workout, reebok outlet, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, baseball bats, timberland boots, soccer shoes, instyler, mcm handbags, north face outlet, ray ban, converse outlet, iphone cases, babyliss, hermes belt, new balance shoes, mont blanc pens, lancel, louboutin, soccer jerseys, ghd hair, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, ferragamo shoes, hollister, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, oakley, longchamp uk, vans, beats by dre, gucci, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, nike huaraches, nike air max, hollister clothing, insanity workout, nike trainers uk, nfl jerseys, converse
Post a Comment