Dear Friends and Family,
Once again I find myself calling out to my supporters for help this holiday season. These are the stories I pray I never have to tell again. Stories of people who fight against the most awful disease, cancer. This time the family that lies deeply on my heart is not a childhood cancer patient, but an adult, who will likely find her ultimate cure in heaven, very soon.
I met Eileen one night when I attended a Mary Kay skin care class with teachers from work. She had a remarkable spirit and I was touched by how she courageously fought breast cancer the previous year while raising three young children. I ran into her a few weeks later at the house of my sons babysitter. Her little boy went to the same daycare! A month later, I saw her at Jazzercise where I taught classes at the time. Shortly after she joined though, I heard that her cancer had returned.
I prayed for this mother, this woman I liked very much – my Mary Kay consultant. I also found it peculiar how I kept running into her. Then in January after I had Chelsea I realized why I kept running into this woman. My husband and I struggled and struggled with the decision for me to quit my teaching job to stay home with Chelsea – but we knew we had to make the sacrifices to give her everything she needed. I also knew that I needed to call Eileen because joining her in Mary Kay would be the perfect way to supplement our income so that I could stay home.
Of course you know how things went from there. I look back and don’t regret any of the decisions we made. Chelsea has flourished since infancy; she has far exceeded what I expected of her during her first three years. That’s spectacular considering she spent 8 months of those first three years in the hospital fighting her own battle with cancer.
Eileen is a phenomenal mentor. When she enters a room she fills it with optimism and belief. At a time when I thought the world was going to end – because my child was born with a disability, she helped me see what was really important. She is a prime example of living life to the fullest. Throughout her illness and treatments her love for God, her family and her career has never waivered. She has remained a pillar for her family, and for thousands of friends and Mary Kay sisters. While most of us would have preferred to shut down, quit living and be angry with God – she chooses to not to waste any time. Eileen continues to reach out to others, helping them reach their own personal goals.
The last few months Eileen’s cancer has continued to spread through her bones, which is excruciatingly painful. She has fought this cancer with every possible weapon available to her through modern medicine, but her body is fatigued and she is ready to go HOME and be cured from this awful disease forever. She has spent the past days in the hospital, loving on her three young children as much as possible. Her husband of 21 years has remained by her side throughout it all, but unfortunately he ran out of sick leave and vacation time long ago. Once Eileen is gone, their family will no longer receive any Mary Kay income.
Now, it is time for all of us to come together and help a woman who has helped so many others. Each time I place a product order, our fabulous company, Mary Kay, sends Eileen a “bonus” if you will. It is not a cut of my money; it is a percentage of the company’s sale because she is my recruiter, and my sales director. I would love nothing more than to place a HUGE order one last time in honor of Eileen, benefiting her family. Of course this is not the end of my Mary Kay, but it will be the last opportunity for a percentage of my sales to go to her family.
Please, if you will, take a minute, browse the Mary Kay website. Consider stocking up on the skin care products you will need in the coming months, purchasing Christmas gifts (think friends, family, teachers, housekeepers, neighbors, daycare providers), and birthday gifts that will be coming soon! Of course I know that you all need an incentive … so, for every $125 you spend – I will give you a FREE set of Satin Lips!
I know most of you are mothers, and like me – could not imagine leaving your husband and children. Please consider helping this family, EVERY order counts!!! I need to submit this order as soon as possible, please send orders to me at careydreambig@gmail.com before 10pm tomorrow night (Monday). Do not submit orders on the website - they will not go to me.
Thank you,
Carey
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
That is awful. I hate hearing about ANYONE battling cancer. I will say a prayer for this family.
What you are doing is wonderful. God Bless You.
Post a Comment