So iron only discolors your teeth, fortunately it doesn't rot them. Whew.
Now reflecting on our early morning visit to the dentist I wonder who was more traumatized, Chelsea, or mom. Besides sedating her, laying on top of her to restrain the flailing arms and legs was the only way her teeth were getting cleaned. I was impressed with this new children's dentist in town. He got right to business, got those teeth nice and sparkly again, and has great bedside mannor. Oh yes, and he's cute too.
I'll admit, I'm a little bothered at the fact the dentist is younger than me. That's never happened before. I'm really getting old. There's no denying it now.
Guess what else this awful mommy did this morning? Took in my three year olds' sippy cup of milk to the dentist. Hello?! Yeah, I got the avoid sugar drinks from sippy cups between meals talk. Shame on me. He said even the natural sugars in milk can harm their teeth, so save the milk for mealtimes and water in between. In all fairness it was her milk from mealtime since the kids ate their breakfast in the car on the way to the dentist this morning!
We were also able to get an xray. I didn't say it was easy, I just said we did it. The pictures verified my suspicion that miss Chelsea is missing a tooth! It's one of the lower inscisors. It's not coming in, it's just not there. He said it's not necessarily common in kids w/ Down syndrome, but it can happen to just anyone in the general population. No baby tooth means no big tooth either, so she'll just have three down there on the bottom front. I guess it will all work out fine though since people with Down syndrome have smaller mouths.
Logan stayed in the waiting room with a nurse playing video games. This dentist office was like an arcade; Flat screen TV's and video games, a kids dream. He did sneak back to see us at the very end just in time to see three staff members and Mommy restraining Chelsea while the great big xray machine was pointed straight at her head. Think he'll be ready to go back to the dentist this fall?
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
HOpefully Logan wasn't traumatized to much. What timing. Haha
I'm glad you made it through the fun and games of the dentist. At least you can scratch that off your list for another 6 months. hee hee
Did she have to have any kind of medicine before she went? Tuckers dentist said soemthing about antiobiotics and special something or rather when we had him looked at one time. We are still a long way from anyone getting their fingers in Tuckers mouth wihtout biting them off.....but I might while we are in Boston under anestisia see if they can get a dentist to take a look...maybe while we are having our heart cath...probably not but i am going to ask.
I have a box of stuff for you...trash as you call it. I will probably send it to you as we will be leaving and dont want to hang on to it another month...you could be using it for your work....
email me, i think i threw away chels' invitation so i dont have it anymore.
Thanks....and glad chels got everything looked at and even xrays!! WOW!
Wow! What an accomplishment. Teeth cleaned and an x-ray. I bet she was not a happy camper!
It sounds like you were supposed to have a busy day. How did the rest of it go?
I think Chelsea will look cute no matter what--teeth or no teeth.
Janet
COLE'S Prayer Team
who is the dentist!!!???!!!
why does she need to take iron?
laura
Post a Comment