Happy Father's Day to any Dad's out there that may by chance read here ... yeah, that's including you Dad!
While I got to see my dad today, my kiddos were missing their Daddy. Poor Ryan had to work at the hospital. He was the only dad working today. Go figure. I figure one of these days he's going to speak up. I'm pretty sure had he raised a fuss he could have traded. I still think it's funny that he didn't know it was father's day today until noon on Saturday!
Once he realized, he thought I forgot. Of course I didn't. We had dinner at his moms ... I made one of his latest favorite dishes (my mom's ... er ... Silver's ... spinach and strawberry salad), and gave him some new kicks so his knees don't hurt next time he's pushing 85 pounds down the road for 3.2 miles ;)
I also made him a fruit salad and put it on ice and laid it on the front seat of his truck so he had a snack when he got off at 7:30. After he came home and ate we had ice cream cake waiting for dessert. The kids made their yearly drawings for him and he loved them. Logan does a family portrait and it's pretty cool to see how much he's changed since last year. This year we all have arms, legs, and a body, and all of our names are spelled correctly. Last year Chelsea wasn't that in to coloring but this year she made little squiggly's all over her paper. She "talks" while she draws. I think she's reading what she's "writing" as she does it.
Hello world!
3 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like a very sweet Father's Day!
www.melodyanddoug.blogspot.com
Post a Comment