Monday, April 13, 2009

Time

I've got a dilemma. Upon accepting my new job, which uses 27 hours of my time each week, I am no longer able to manage all of the things I would like to manage.

Exercise? Not so much.
Blogging? Yeah, sorry about that guys.
Email? If you're waiting for a response, keep waiting, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
House Cleaning? Wait, I never did that anyways, so who cares?

You get my point. Who would have thought 27 hours would change so many things. On top of the work hours, there is organizing and pulling off daycare, preschool drop off and pickup, doctor appointments, speech therapy, school open houses & parties. Then let me add Logan has not had school in FIVE days ... Kindergarteners don't go to school on K-roundup day, then there was staff inservice, and today ... well, they didn't use any snow days, so they got today off. Lucky us, right?!

I do love having them home, I miss my babies when they're at school, but it has been extra hard getting work done since the babysitter took this past week off as well. As an added bonus Ryan has been sicker than a dog (which means super grouchy), and I've spent the past few days chasing Chelsea around with a kleenex. Not for her nose. Rather for the green goop oozing out of her eyes. Yes. Yuck.

I decided to try out tweeting. That's not going so well.

So my next thought ... if I have to cut something out, should it be blogging? Come on, would you really miss me? I might go a little crazy since for me it is free therapy. I also considered facebook ... maybe that would be an easier way to keep people updated on our day to day happenings ... but those of you who know me know how I feel about facebook. So for now you'll have to do with sporadic, random updates. Eventually, when I get myself organized, I will update once a week and schedule my posts so there is something new each day. But heck I've been trying to get myself organized for the past 29 years - so don't hold your breath.

This post may be a subtle hint for those anonymous lurkers to come clean. Are you really reading? If so, let me know.

26 comments:

Becky said...

I read you!! Dont quit blogging :)

Brandie said...

I'm here lurking and reading! :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ummm hello! You can't quit blogging!!!!!

The Bryant Family said...

Carey,,,,welcome to the working world where juggling life and work is so darn hard. I work full time and run like a chicken with its head cut off all day every day. I blog when I can...and seem to post two or three days worth in one post. Exercise is non existant unless i want to get up at 5am and that isnt happening....
With one child I did pretty good, juggling work, being room mom, having play time and doing everything...it was harder but I did it SUPERMOM. HA, now with two...I just cant seem to get the groove. I will probably never be room mom for Tucker since we now live 30 minutes from where I work. I miss work for appointments and take vacation days for appointments or surgeries or things other than a day to relax.
I completely understand where you are coming from.....but I would put a vote in for not stopping the blogging...maybe not so many posts but we need our Chels/Logan updates. Very selfish of me but....they are just too cute. The stories, the pcitures, ,,,,,youll figure it all out and look back and say "hey that was easy"..... :) Have a great Tuesday.

Unknown said...

When I went from full time to part time work I remember thinking "man, I am going to have sooo much free time I won't know what to do with myself". HA! If only. I finally got into a groove, then kindergarten started. And 8 months later, I finally feel like we all have a routine and things that need to get done are finally getting done.... just in time for summer and a new routine to mess us all up and get used to. I hope you can find your groove quicker than I did.
Don't do facebook - I wouldn't be able to keep up with you!! I refuse to get a facebook account. Plus I have heard lots of my friends talk about how addictive it can be and uses any free time they have.

Unknown said...

We love reading you!!!

SunflowerStories said...

I love reading your blog, but totally understand. With child 3 in the house, I just don't find time to make the thoughtful frequent posts I want to make. FB is easy to use, but is so brief. You really don't get a lot of the "story" there.

Hope you find a balance soon.

Stacy said...

I read! Finding balance is hard, and I don't even have kids.
I keep meaning to write up a few posts when I have time and schedule them throughout the week, but I usually don't have that much to say all at once. :)
Facebook is fun, but addicting.

Michelle said...

Time is tricky, how it keeps getting away. I never got into the whole Twitter thing - I don't know why, it seemed like just one more thing to do.

Please keep blogging - even if it's just less often!!

Elsbeth said...

I read your blog faithfully. I've never commented before, but I'm here.

I'm actually a participant in Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and am so touched by Chelsea's story.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you continue to blog, but understand how hectic things can get. :)

Heather said...

How could I possibly walk my current walk with Zoey, without watching the magical milestones of Miss Chelsea?I need you girl.To remind me that life will indeed go back to "normal",be it a new normal but life will return.I actually blog more with this newest craziness,so to keep people updated and to vent.I cannot wait for the day when I have nothing earth shattering to report.Just regular stuff.Won't that be glorious?Keep blogging ... you would me missed

datri said...

I hope you figure out a way to keep blogging! Even if it's just sporadically. That's what they make Google Reader for!

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

You know I am here! Sometimes less is more. Look at my blog. Once a month is sometimes all I manage. HOpe we get to see you tomorrow.

Angie said...

Keep blogging! I have commented just a few times, but read you faithfully!! This blog world is a great support system when you need/needed it!! We would miss you too much. I love your stories, they can brighten a day.
Facebook is addicting and well I like blogging more-you can add more personality to your blog.

C. said...

I read your blog.... Don't go away...

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of being an "anonymous lurker". I enjoy reading your blog.

All the way from Northwest Ohio!

Missy

Anonymous said...

I read! Please don't quit, just cut back if you need to. I just DON'T do Facebook, so I'll never catch you there! Jeannie

~ Teresa ~ said...

Oh, please PLEASE don't go.... we love you so!

Nicki McFadden said...

LOL I get an email whenever you update and I still find myself pulling your blog up EVERYDAY!

Anonymous said...

I read you :)
Keisha

Morgan said...

Don't go Carey! I check up on Miss Chelsea every day of my life. You can't do this is me.

Janet said...

Darn that work thing, huh? It just puts a kink in everything? Please don't quit blogging! What would we do without our Chelsea updates and escapades? Even if it's just a few times a week, I would definitely still look forward to each update and enjoy reading whatever you send. Hope everything else is going well.

Janet Inman

Tamara said...

You'll get used to it. Keep blogging. And read your email too! :-)

Brooke said...

Carey, I feel for you! I feel like it's a juggling act every day between work and kids and I only work 4 days a week! Hang in there and lower your expectations a little! But don't quit blogging completely. I love to read updates on your blog. You've inspired me to start my own which I just did this week - www.stohsstories.blogspot.com

JennyH said...

It is a lot to handle. I know LOTS of people would miss your updates if you were to stop blogging. We can wait till you get everything under control though- if we have to!

Florine Dycus said...

Hey Lady,

Please keep posting! I have your blog going to my email just to make sure I don't miss a beat! I guess I would be okay with once a week.