Mothers,
When you or your spouse is out of town, let the teachers of your children know what is going on. If there is a death in the family, a new baby, a move, any change that will effect your kids, please tell your teachers! I was always thankful when parents told me things like this. When little Ramon begins sulking, crying, or hitting other kids without reason, I'll know, there is a reason. Sometimes parents forget how much things in our lives are really effecting our children.
That being said, I emailed both of the kids' teachers this week. Mostly to apologize for the mismatched clothes and bedhead, but also so they knew there was a slight chance one of my children might be missing me. Maybe. Well I got this email from Chelsea's preschool teacher yesterday. So cute, so funny, and I really appreciate it! I miss all of the funny little things that make her Chelsea! And it might help to know that we're still continually working on reminding Chelsea to keep her tongue in and her mouth clothes. Sometimes she just forgets! Enjoy!
Email from the teacher:
Things have been great here Mom. :) Not even messy hair! :)
I do appreciate you letting me know you are out of town. Hope you are enjoying your time.
We've had a great week so far. Today I gestured to her to close her mouth and then a few seconds later asked her a question for an activity we were doing. It was too cute. She kept trying to say "blue" but keep her mouth shut (like I had asked). It was just too cute. They are all so literal at this age. I told her to open her mouth to say blue and she said it soooooooo clear and plain as day. She had the biggest grin. I am sure you know the grin I am talking about.
Gotta go....see you next week,
Ms. H
Did you notice how she said "they're so literal at this age" ... in turn including Chelsea in the same age group of the other preschoolers?! At a time when I question her development, her age, her abilities, this was just the reminder I needed. She IS a three year old, just one that's taking her time!
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
Sounds like Chelsea! What a great teacher to take the time to let you know how she was doing. So many wouldn't have taken that time.
Hope training is going well!
What good reminder to parents. I don't know that I'd thought of that.
Love the story about C!
Well of course she's like any other 3 year old... and she puts her own Chelsea spin on things!!:-)
so only Mothers should email the teachers?
;) you know me. couldn't not point that out.
Post a Comment