Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Logan!



It's hard to believe my little boy is six years old.

When I found out I was pregnant, I remember crying, and crying, and crying. That was it. My life was officially over. I think the most devastating part for me was knowing my body would NEVER go back no matter how hard I tried. It was too late to go back, it was done. There was a baby already growing. All I could envision were stretchmarks, big butt, saggy boobs. Yuck, why would anyone want to have a baby? This was definitely not a planned pregnancy.

Now look at him today. I couldn't imagine not having him. Sure he's a handful and he tests every parenting technique I've ever tried, but how boring would life be without Logan?! So while my worst nightmares have come true, I wouldn't change a thing. He's perfect just the way he is and he loves me no matter how "unperfect" I may be!




I had a couple of gifts waiting for him when he woke up this morning, along with SIX balloons and a birthday sign. He was up an hour earlier than normal and couldn't wait to open the presents. I didn't watch him open them
though because I had a feeling I already knew what would happen. Sure enough, He ripped through the bags then began balling in utter disappointment. A new tshirt and a dinosaur puzzle. What was mom thinking? I heard all about how he didn't like them. As he was leaving for school I told him I was sorry he didn't like his presents. He said, "I do like them, thank you."

I'm hoping for a better reaction tomorrow night when he gets his special present at his birthday party. I can hardly wait!

8 comments:

JennyH said...

WOW- 6 years old.

Hope he LOVES his next set of presents.

Janet said...

I haven't had a chance to read your last few updates since the sleep study. Bless her heart! She looks adorable even with the blue turban on! Hope you get some definitive results from it. The worst part is over! Happy Birthday to Logan! Sorry you will always associate Chelsea being so sick with his special day. Glad she's feeling so much better this year! Enjoy his day!

Janet Inman

The Bryant Family said...

He looks so grown up sitting there. Happy Birthday LOGAN!!!!

Michelle said...

I hope Logan has a wonderful birthday!!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Happy Birthday Logan!!!

Pam said...

Happy Birthday you cute little stinker!!

Carey, I got your Flip in the mail today. The one I had to send you to begin with was rattling so I opened it, and sure enough there were some broken peices.

Will you email me your addy and I will send it to you tomorrow? They just sent another black one. I hope that's okay.

If you get a sec, hop over to my blog too. Rhett has a new hair do for his girly friend. He desperatly needs her approval. :D

Tamara said...

Happy birthday, Logan! Hope you have a fun weekend!

Becca said...

Awwww, happy belated birthday, Logan!!!