Just when I was thanking my lucky stars that we've all stayed healthy this winter, it hits us. Virus' hitting our family from every direction. I've had an awful cold for over a week. Actually I think I was getting better and I just got a new one on top of it. Fortunately I'm on the upside of virus number two now, after a week and a half. I think my first bug was whatever Logan had that ended him up in the doctors office on breathing treatments. Chelsea has had runny noses, but nothing major ... until today.
Yesterday I got her home from school and she had a goopy eye all morning. As soon as we got home she started acting like ... well ... a three year old. It was so weird. She was crying, throwing temper tantrums, exerting her independence like never before and just plain being mean to me! Very out of character for my sweet little girl. I figured something was up.
Logan's teacher emailed me to let me know there were 7 kids in his class gone with high fevers! I think she felt bad about the day Logan came home coughing like crazy, and she knows we worry about fevers with Chelsea.
Today she seemed fine, I took her and Logan with me to exercise this morning and after class they were running around, up and down the wood floors, you know, like normal. We then headed to Sam's for some more big girl pull ups and the free cookie (which they discontinued!!! Logan was not happy about that.) Someone was handing out samples of ravioli so I grabbed one and offered it to Chelsea. She turned her head. The lady asked if she liked it and I told her, "she hasn't eaten it yet, I don't think she feels well." Then out of nowhere ... Blah!!! Puke. All over me and all over Miss Chelsea. I had to take off her shirt, and the nice woman working at Sam's gave me a whole roll of paper towels. Of course it was the only food display that didn't have a trashcan nearby! We got it cleaned up well enough and I layed her down in the back of the cart snuggled in our coats. She just layed there as we made it to the front and paid for our things. I sort of felt bad, finishing paying instead of just leaving, but jeesh, Sam's is a long drive and we needed Pull ups!
Well, I'm afraid Chelsea has the "Kindergarten bug". She's had a high fever all day and hasn't done more than lay on the couch. I finally called the dr. tonight, and guess what? We're headed in to have her checked out. I'll be shocked if this isn't the flu. She's been grabbing her legs saying "owwwww" (sore muscles), she's got a high fever, and she's exhausted. They'll do the influenza test as well as a CBC I'm sure. I'll update when we get home!
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Poor Miss Chelsea.Hoping the bug passes quickly.Feel better little love.
Oh No! I hope it isn't the flu. Get well. We all have a nasty flu going on 2 weeks now! UGH This time of year stinks.
Yup, the kids are all sick here, too. Hope everyone is better soon!
Sick kids everywhere :(. I hate this time of year! Hope she feels better soon!
Hi Carey,
2 weeks ago Olivia had the same thing- and I hate to say it, but it lasted for 8 days. Sadly 2 dr's said we just had to let it run its course. The good news is that when the rest of us in the house caught the bug, it only stuck with us for 24 hours. I hope you all feel better soon!!
Kristine
Post a Comment