Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TV Converter Box Coupon?

I'm looking for a few government coupons for the TV converter boxes. A few of our local stations have switched, and we're, uh, screwed. I ordered the coupons, a looooong time ago. They sat. Quite frankly I didn't really know what they were for, and I didn't realize it was something you could just go to WalMart and buy. Had I known that I would have gone and bought the silly boxes for $5. Now, my coupons are expired, we're shutting cable off (not by choice;), and, well, we have a bunch of old TV's. I could pay $45 for a box, ... ha, not this month! If you have a coupon you're not going to use and would so kindly like to donate it to our family, we would much appreciate it!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I just applied for coupons for myself and my family and found out they were out indefinitely. However, when I turned on my (rather old) tv, it still worked. I investigated the situation online and the switch has been moved to June to give people more time to get ready for it. Only two stations have gone digital...the rest will wait until June. I hope that helps.

Lesa said...

I got my coupons in July last year and used them right away. I had a feeling it would be a rush around the change time. If I remember right they had my name on them too? I hear there are thousands waiting right now to even get ahold of the coupons. :( What a mess. I hope you get it worked out.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I thought they were gonna postpone the switch for a few years. (At least that was the last I heard.)