Thursday, February 19, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Remember that job interview I went to last week? They called this morning and offered me the job! I was so excited. It was pretty funny actually after I got off the phone, I was telling Chelsea, "mommy got a job!" Of course I had on my enthusiastic voice and was clapping and saying "woohoo". You would think my three year old would look at me like I've lost my mind. Chelsea, ... well she started cheering, clapping and dancing with me! She didn't have a clue what I was talking about, but she was happy for me!

All around it was a pretty eventful day. After driving Chelsea to preschool I poked my head in to check on Logan and his teacher stopped me to tell me he had been complaining of a tummy ache. Very odd since I had just put him on the bus fifteen minutes earlier, and he was fine! He ate breakfast, helped me put away laundry as I folded it, and he even read Polar Bear Polar Bear to Chelsea. He never said a word about his stomach. I told him to try to tough it out, but an hour later the nurse called and said he's really hurting. I went back up to school and he was healed over on the nurses bed. It was a sharp pain in his lower stomach, but it would ease up and then get worse. Sounded like gas to me! No fever, or anything else, but he was obviously hurting, so I took him home. Within 15 minutes he was asking for a snack (imagine that). After watching Shrek 3, I decided he was fine to return to school, so at noon I traded him out for my lil preschool girl.

She ate a good lunch, celebrated Mommy's new job, then zonked out for her nap around one o'clock. I heard her coughing and figured she had gotten Logan's cough as he's been coughing a lot the past two nights. After a while though, her cough turned into something more, and I ran in just in time to get puked on. Poor thing, she was so tired, but she finished throwing up, then went right back to sleep in my arms. I let her finish her nap in my bed and she ended up with a three hour nap! The last part of it I went in and just held her in my arms. She's so perfect, lying there naked except for her little diaper, sound asleep. There's nothing sweeter. Just one more reminder of how much I LOVE being a mom.

She seemed fine the rest of the evening, but during dinner she signed poop. I took her in to change her diaper and it was clean. She was telling me she NEEDED to go poop! Woohoo! So she did end up with diarrhea, but hey, at least she told me and was able to do it on the big potty! There's nothing worse than diarrhea diapers. yuck! Just a typical day in the life!

11 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Awesome about the poop in the potty. Way to go, Chelsea.

I am so excited for you and your new job. I just know you will be great.

We can't wait to see you tomorrow so get everybody well.

The Bryant Family said...

Life as we all know it....never a dull moment. :) Sorry chels is sick .

Michelle said...

Hope everyone's feeling better soon!

That's great about the new job - congrats! and Ruby is the same way - she celebrates everything, even clapping everytime people clap on TV. It's very fun!

Kelly Zimm said...

Congrats on the new job, Carey; that's great!
I'm so thrilled for you about Chelsea pooping on the toilet....woo hoo!!!
Hope Logan's feeling good still...

Heather said...

Way to go mommy .... and Chelsea!!

JennyH said...

Hope you kiddos are feeling better.
Congrats on the job. I hope you love it!

All 4 My Gals said...

That is awesome that she told you. Go Chels, you little smarty pants. HUGS

All 4 My Gals said...

That is awesome that she told you. Go Chels, you little smarty pants. HUGS

Becca said...

Congrats on your job, and on Chelsea's use of the potty! Two bits of great news!

And those mom moments are so precious, even when they involve vomit. :-)

Rachel Dominguez said...

Congrats on the Job Offer...

AND...

YIPEE for poop in the potty!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the new job! Very exciting news. I hope Chelsea is feeling better soon.