Well now that it's over, I can tell you; I had a job interview today. Yep, I bet you didn't even know I was looking. It just sort of happened, a part time job that I would love, came open, so I threw my hat in. We've given up lots of things so that I could stay home with the kids, but it's beyond giving up things now, it's about putting food on the table. I've been substitute teaching here and there, but let's face it, that's not a whole lot of fun. Never knowing when you're working, or where you're working until it's time to be there. That's a little difficult to do while juggling day to day things in this house.
I spent quite a bit of time last week revamping my resume, it was very out of date. Then there are cover letters and references to put together. I had almost forgotten how much fun that is. I really wasn't nervous until I pulled up to the building this morning, then when I put my car in park my stomach started turning. I quickly got over it though. I went to the front door and it was locked, and it was raining, a lot. There was a sign to enter through the East door, but since I don't like to do things the easy way, I headed to the West door. Yes, I know East from West (although I'll admit, I didn't know the difference ten years ago), I was just hoping the West door was unlocked because there was a paved sidewalk in that direction. Long story short I ended up walking in the rain all the way around the building to the East door. Funny huh? Fortunately I've got a good sense of humor about it and it just gave me some really cool looking hair for the interview.
I think it went well. I hope it went well. I should hear something on Wednesday or Thursday. And yes, you'll be the first to know!
Until then, Ryan, Chelsea and I head to clinic tomorrow at the hospital. She has ENT and oncology clinic, so it will likely be a long day. We're really really hoping to get something figured out to help her breathe and sleep a little easier. Update tomorrow!
Hello world!
3 years ago
4 comments:
Well if you have to do a sleep study, shoot for March 8th. (That is when Carson's is).
That is awesome about your job. I will send prayers your way that you land it!!
Will look forward to your post on Wednesday.
Good luck!!
Good luck with the job! Hope everything goes well at clinic tomorrow, Ashlyn's is on Friday.
Good luck, Carey! I'm sure you did great at the interview. I hope you hear back soon!
Post a Comment