Monday was officially Chelsea's FIRST day of preschool! She did excellent! No tears on her part or mine (although I'm sure you would have guessed she wasn't sad to see me go!) Before we left for school I asked her, "do you want me to leave you at school?" She replied with a wave and said, "Bye!" That's about how it went down once we got to school. She waved me on my way. I stood and lingered for a while, but our week of evaluations in December really helped me get used to the idea of her attending a big girl preschool.
I feel really good about this, I think she's just going to soar! AND, selfishly, I was looking forward to a few hours to myself! Ryan starts night classes next week, Mondays and Wednesdays, then he's working two 12 hour shifts each week, so the few hours in the morning is a much needed break for me. I wish I could say I sat around and relaxed, but it's more of a time for me to run around and clean up after Chelsea, and also run errands without hauling kids in everywhere with me. I can't say enough about that!
I popped in early yesterday and they were dancing during indoor recess. Chelsea was so animated as she copied EVERY move, and facial expression the teacher made. I could just stand and watch her through the window all morning, but I think eventually they would kick me out.
Hello world!
3 years ago
7 comments:
She looks like she is going to be just fine. Just think what is ahead for your baby girl. Dating, Junior Prom, Senior Prom, and then Graduation. It might seem like it is years down the road but will be here before you know it.
Donna
Look at that girl!!! If anyone was ever ready to take on school I think it is that one.
Now about that time to yourself, going places without lugging the kids, what's that like???
Oh so cute. Looks like a good day.
She is getting so big!
I have to agree with you about the running around with out kids thing. I WISH I had a four hour time period once a week to be able to do that....get a head start on cleaning or running around. Man you can get so much done in 1/2 the time without getting kids in and out.
Come over and sign up for my give away, Chelsea would look stylish with the kool aid bag I am giving away. She would be all the envy.
I think that Chelsea looks great. I love her little striped pants. Very cute.
Hope you do take some time to yourself. You certainly deserve it.
Carrie,
I was checking out your blog today. I love the picture of Chelsea holding the plate. It reminds me of our college days!
What a big girl! She is going to love preschool. I was so nervous when Peanut started a year ago and she has been doing so well! I miss Infant Toddlers, but preschool has been such a great thing for her.
Post a Comment