Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Clinic Day (again?!)

Off to clinic today ... by myself! I hate going by myself, I just really don't like driving, and by the time we come home I'm usually exhausted!!! I'll be sure to get a jolt of caffeine for the drive home this afternoon. I'll update again later if I get her lab results back today. Wish us luck! Seems like we were just there, boy time flies!

Update:
Everything looked good! We didn't get her ANC or anything, but WBC was 6.2, HGB 14.7, PLT 340something .... You know that's a good sign when you don't live by the numbers! This is the first month I went in totally confident!!! Last months was just so good I just don't really need to worry about it anymore. Also, the high hemoglobin ... maybe why that's why she's so darned ornery?! I swear this kid DOES NOT STOP!!! If I didn't know better I'd believe that's how things really worked. Low hemoglobin means no energy and high means too much energy! She's up at 6am and doesn't stop until that head hits the pillow (and sometimes not even then!) Rest assured she's a healthy little girl!

Unfortunately they were running behind in clinic and we waited and waited and then RAN as soon as they were done looking at Chelsea. Ryan was on day two of orientation at the hospital and I didn't think it was a good idea for him to ask for time off already! Fortunately my dad made it over to get Logan off the bus. I was about 4 minutes behind the us I believe. The bummer of it is I didn't get to go visit our buddy on 4H we wanted to see and also another friend on 2H ... sorry guys! We also heard we just missed Karlee and Santos this morning. Bummer!

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

You need to schedule these dates for Wednesday's. We actually have THREE clinic appts tomorrow but we always have OT on Wed.

I'll be praying for a safe drive and Chelsea to be on her best behavior for you. (Can you pray for the same for Carson tomorrow)?LOL

Take care

My Three Sons said...

Thanks for the update. Way to go Chelsea. How about you give your momma a break and go to bed early so she can rest up??? (I tried :-) )

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Way to go, Miss Chelsea. We all love the good news. Chelsea ornery, what?!!! Never! Okay, okay I know better but I just had to tease.