Seriously. I could write a book. It's amazing the clarity we have in our lives these days. Ryan and I agreed it was the best Christmas mass we've ever attended, and Ryan isn't a big church go-er, so that's saying a lot. The message was beautiful. Life is a gift. Wow. Was the priest speaking to me? I likely went through an entire box of kleenex, but it wasn't so bad as I would glance over at Chelsea each time I went to wipe my tears and she would bring a smile back to my face. Really, both children did remarkably well during the entire mass.
The next day we were driving and out of nowhere Logan said, "People are gifts."
I said, "what Logan?"
He replied, "remember Mommy, at church, he said people are gifts."
"Oh yes, I remember." Grin.
I've got lots of pictures and storied to tell, and will do so in the coming days when more time allows, but for now I'm soaking in the season. We've spent the last few days playing, cleaning, and EATING ... a lot. We've got to get rid of all this food before it goes bad right?!
One last tidbit of exciting news. On Christmas eve, Ryan had an interview at the hospital and right there on the spot they offered him a job! He'll be working two shifts a week on the cardiac floor as a nurse assistant. He's on his way, just getting his feet wet for now! This is great experience for him, he's looking forward to delving right in to this new direction. We also can't complain as he will receive full benefits with his 24 hours/week position! Yep kids, that means health insurance!!!! Don't be alarmed, we have health insurance now, but it's catastrophic. So while we pay an outrageous amount each month, we still avoid the doctors at all costs. Having health insurance with the hospital means we'll pay half of what we pay now, and ... the next time one of our kids needs glued up in the ER, we won't get a $500 bill!
Hello world!
3 years ago
10 comments:
Oh Carey, I am so happy for you guys. Ryan is going to be AWESOME at this. What a blessing!
We can't wait to see you guys. Let's do something this week. I'll call you!
Oh Carey, I am so happy for you guys. Ryan is going to be AWESOME at this. What a blessing!
We can't wait to see you guys. Let's do something this week. I'll call you!
That is such a great Christmas present all in itself! I'm so glad that you guys are moving forward.
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. Give Chelsea a hug for us and tell Logan I'm proud of him. What a beautiful thing for a child to say. People ARE gifts. How seldom some people forget such a great thing.
Love to you guys,
Kaci
woo hoo. I am so happy thing are going the right direction for you guys!! and wow on logan saying people are gifts!! he gets it!! you must be so proud!
Very cool! I hope Ryan really likes his new job :)
Happy Holidays!
That is wonderful news!!
Congrats!! Despite what some people may think, there are some great opportunities for men in the nursing field. As a nurse, some of the best nurses I had, when a patient, were the men!! Good luck with the nursing and a healthy 2009/ pm.
what awesome news and I loved the title of this post
Congrats on the new job!!! Just wanted to let you know I read all your updates. I know I don't always leave a message, but I think about you guys a lot! I'm really glad you had a great Christmas and hope you have a Fantastic New Year. Aspen's Momma, Amanda
Great news about Ryan! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!
Post a Comment