Chelsea is really loving her new school! She's so excited to go, she walked into the building today, threw her arms up in the air and started shouting, "hey!!!" as she ran down the hall. I think Logan was a bit embarassed. It was as if she was telling everyone, "I'm here!" Things went so well yesterday, I decided to step down from that over protective mom role and leave once she got her coat put away and sat down for her morning work. Of course I checked in throughout the morning, and her teacher even called me mid morning with an "everything is fine!" update.
Logan had a pretty rough morning (which is actually more common than not). Yesterday he woke up smiling and offering hugs to Chelsea and I, then today he was hateful, yelling, hitting and crying. I dread those mornings. Then I told him I was going to take him to school with sissy, so we get into the car and he screamed for FIVE minutes about how he couldn't buckle his seat belt, and why did I buy him that stupid coat, it's so big! I just lost it and gave it to him. Then I told him we're going to have to find him a new home since he doesn't like us. For a minute he might have believed me. Since our morning wasn't off to a great start, I decided to pop into his class before I picked up Chelsea. I worked with a couple of kiddos in the hall, then I asked if I could take Logan with me for lunch. We kissed and made up over pizza. We had a long talk, and were both feeling much better afterwards. I hope this evening is smooth sailing with minimal temper tantrums.
I'm back to work on my sewing projects, Chelsea's still sleeping and I've got lots of PJ's to get caught up on!
Hello world!
3 years ago
3 comments:
I'm so glad she is loving school. I knew they would love her! :)
Logan sounds like my Emery. It's a hard personality to parent, that's for sure.
Much love!
So glad to hear she is loving school! That is always a relief!
Also wanted to tell you that I got my CD/Dream Big from you over the weekend last weekend and I just had time today to pop it in the cd player to listen...I LOVE IT! I especially like song #10! I listened to it like 10 times. LOL :) . Anyway~I just wanted to say thanks for that! It is wonderful!
Rachel
What a fun first day for her! She will love school as much as Johnny.
Also, know you are not alone with the big sib personality. Myla is a firecracker. There are some days that she is as sweet as honey and others that, whew, wear everyone down.
Renee and family
Post a Comment