Wednesday, November 12, 2008

So Much, So Little

We have so much going on, I could spend all night updating. Unfortunately though, I do require sleep, and my pillow is calling right now. So here's a quick low-down.

Next week we will be lighting the city. Literally. The Easter Seals Organization, which has provided Chelsea with therapy since she was an infant, has asked our family to pull the switch which lights one area neighborhood for the holiday season. We were asked a few weeks ago to participate, and until tonight, I didn't know what all this event would entail. It looks as though we will be in the spotlight that evening. We'll have to work on some behavior issues with you-know-who. AND boy am I thankful I'm getting my haircut this weekend (it's been close to 4 months ... I'm too cheap to do it very often!)

We also received a mailer today from the same organization. The featured Cappers child? Why Chelsea of course! I will try to get ahold of the article they wrote so I can post it on the blog. It is the quarterly newsletter they send to donors to help support them. They will also be running an ad in the local newspaper in the upcoming weeks. The picture for the newspaper was taken during speech therapy, it's adorable! I can't figure out how to post on here, so that too will be coming up soon!

As for today, we've been running as always. Today was Chelsea monthly clinic appointment. Nothing but good reports! Her counts were really the best they've been. Her platelets which had been dropping a bit are back up to 330,000! That's fabulous. Her wbc is 4.42 (a record high!) and her hemoglobin was 14.4 (a bit on the high side, maybe that's why she has so much energy!!!) They asked us if we would like an appointment to the pediatric dermatologist. Ryan and I looked at each other, and said, um, yes! She's had this stubborn rash for 10 weeks now! We've got to figure this out. They said it could take up to 6 months to get in. Hopefully it will be gone in 6 months. If not, then we will really be needing their help.

Lastly, here's Chelsea last night ready to go to the book fair with Logan and I!

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Great news on the clinic!!! As far as the other doctor, ask them to put you on a cancellation list. Carson has been seen in there for his eczema and the appointment was scheduled out for about 4 1/2 months. I talked to the nurse directly and within about 3 weeks they called and said they had a cancellation for the next day.

As cute as Chelsea looks, I hope she got lots of books at the book fair! I would have personally bought her a few.

datri said...

I love Easter Seals. Kayla goes to their preschool program. They actually asked if they could nominate her to be an Easter Seals ambassador, but I haven't heard any more about that. I don't know if she would be good at it since she's nonverbal, doesn't smile and has those behavioral issues!

I'm too lazy and cheap to get a haircut, too, LOL.