Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just a reminder that the Westboro Lighting is tomorrow! Parking will likely be scarce, so arrive early. "Chelsea and family" (i.e. us) will arrive via horse and carriage around 5:50. Hope to see you there!

We watched last weeks episode of ER tonight. Yet another reminder, another TV show's story revolving around childhood leukemia. One of the main doctors on the show lost her 5 year old son to leukemia. I was really touched by what she said at the end, it was something like this; When you lose your parents, you're an orphan. When you lose your spouse, you're a widow. There are no words for losing your child. Please remember all of our friends who have lost their children. Remember them and pray for their strength. There is nothing more painful.

4 comments:

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

We watched that episode and you can only imagine the thought runing through our heads. When she said those statements it broke my heart, no one ever put it into word like that, but it is so true. I think you just inspired my next entry!

Thank you!

My Three Sons said...

I remember when my Aunt Billie died and all my Grandmother kept repeating was how we are supposed to bury here and not her say goodbye to her chlid. This time of year is even more of a reminder of how precious life is. Your famlily is a blessing to you as mine is to me. I'm very thankful for by three boys. They are truly my whole life!

Hope you have a wonderful time tonight at your lighting. My oldest son is in a choir program at school and I'm thinking I will trade you places if you want. I'll help Chelsea and you can listen to the 8th graders sing???? Deal?

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I watched that episode last week as well. I even thought about posting the quote. I cried hard watching it. It really touched home and pretty much summed it up.

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys had a really good time at the lighting and can't wait to see pictures. See you soon. Aspen's Momma, amanda