Okay, my arm has been twisted, I guess I must spill. I've had phone calls, emails and even people I've ran into in person accuse me of just being mean. A couple of you have even accused me of being pregnant. Well, sorry to disappoint, but it's not big. In fact, I hope you're not left with a little blogger let down after tonight. It's not nearly as exciting as it was the other night, but here it goes.
We've been working the potty, I mean really working the potty. Basically walking around the house naked (not me, Chelsea). My main reason is for the crazy diaper rash that she has had for NINE weeks now (nope, not exaggerating.) The air has helped a little, but not much. I'll admit, it hasn't been potty training in a day, or in a week, but progress is being made. I'd say she definitely has an awareness that she didn't have before. And my proof lies in the story.
After having two potty success' earlier in the day, we were certainly hoping Chelsea was getting the idea. Sit on toilet, make something come out, and mommy and or daddy and or brother will sing, dance and cheer like a monkey walking on hot coals. Not too hard to figure out. I was giving Chelsea her bath that night and we had gotten her all soaked up, ready to scrub when she pointed to her tutu (yes, that's our family word). Then with big eyes, she said, "ooh ooh," and pointed to the toilet. While I was thinking, "whatever", I said to her in my chipper mommy voice, "do you need to go potty." Her reply was a simple, "des".
Okay then, out of the bath we go, dripping like a soaked sponge, right onto the toilet. Immediately, her round lips started chanting, "ooh ooh," again as she pointed down into the toilet. Not only did she surprise herself, but she shocked ME! Poop! Yep, she pooped! And the poop isn't even the best part of it. What I was ultimately impressed with was that SHE COMMUNICATED TO ME SHE NEEDED TO GO POOP! I seriously cried, I was so proud. That isn't supposed to happen, she's not supposed to be doing this yet, is she?!!! How crazy would it be if she actually became potty trained before the age of three, ... before her 'typical' brother?! I'm not holding my breathe, as we've only had a few more of these instances in the past week, but she did it once, for certain, on purpose. Now I know, that she knows, and she understands. She can do this, she's smart enough. I'm just not sure I'm smart enough!
So that's all I've got guys, at the time super exciting, ... I hope I was able to recapture the moment and make my poop story super exciting for you all as well. As you can see, well, we're having some technical difficulties with the blog. Don't panic, if I have to spend 40 hours learning how to figure this thing out, I will, just be patient. Obviously, we will be taking on a new look (whether it was intended or not, no comment).
Hello world!
3 years ago
11 comments:
Well I think that is awesome news!! Way to go Chelsea. Maybe she can come over and give Carson some pointers. He will tell me he has to go and we take off his diaper. He will sit on the toilet and then say all done even though he didn't do anything. Well I guess one step at a time. Anyways, I think that is great.
I think it is awesome that Chelsea is already saying to use the potty. Ashlyn will grab the front of her diaper and say "wewe" and she will run to the bathroom. Of course, she is no where even close to being "potty trained" but at least she loves using the potty!
WAY TO GO CHELSEA!!!!!!
YAY!!! I am so excited for you guys. Way to go BIG GIRL CHELSEA!!!
It is awesome that she is potty "training" herself. I wish Kaden could get it down quick, like before the baby comes. Some days I think he's got it, other days, yeah right. Man this is hard work. I am glad that it is coming easily for Chelsea, what a smart cookie!!!
I think that's FABULOUS news! I can totally relate! It's not too early at all...I say keep it up. Kaia was trained by her 3rd b-day,,,her older brother was 2 months shy of 3. It most certainly is possible!!
We are doing a potty dance here at the Dunbar house.
Good job Miss Chelsea!
How are you feeling, Carey? Better, I hope!
That was news worth waiting for... Way to Go Chelsea!! Keep up the great work:)
Well I personally think it is super fantastic! Couldn't be more excited. She is such a smart kid and with all she's been through it is even more excited at how early she is getting it!
Way to Go Chelsea!
Rachel
Well I personally think it is super fantastic! Couldn't be more excited. She is such a smart kid and with all she's been through it is even more excited at how early she is getting it!
Way to Go Chelsea!
Rachel
That is pretty freaking AWESOME. Tucker knows when he poops, he will do the sign but wants nothing to do with the potty. I think it is such a sensation that he can feel that coming on...pee on the other hand might be a big issue.
It is awesome and the money dance I would love to see. .. way to go chelsea.!!!!!
That IS very BIG NEWS!! ;) Just being able to make the association is huge. Even if it doesn't completely happen now, she is starting the process and if even you could just get her to do the poop business....WOW! Hope her bum is getting better!! Those long term rashes are no fun (and itchy, just ask Jamie ;)
Sorry your blog crashed..ugh..no fun!
That is big news! Congrats!
Post a Comment