Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Big Day, Part ONE

Yesterday was a BIG day! I hope we never have both of our walks on the same day, that was just crazy!!! Not to mention Logan has this awful cough, and I almost felt bad taking him out.

We left the house at 7am, yep, 7am just me and the kids! Ryan had already left for his class. We caravanned with Gma and Gpa We got settled into our spot at the Buddy Walk, then began joining in with the festivities! It was pretty chilly early on, but it turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day!



Our first stop, the bounce house slide. After a long hard climb, Chelsea finally made it to the top w/ Logan. I told him to hold her hand and slide down with her (I thought it would make a super cute picture). Oops! He grabbed her after he was halfway down, and she flipped, turned and fell down the entire slide. I'm surprised she didn't break her neck!




Next the kids got to sit in a real race car. That was pretty exciting for both of them, but I had to basically climb into the car to get Chelsea out. She was not having it!



Then we headed over to the pony rides. How cute was that?!!! Both kids had a blast, and were smiling from ear to ear. Chelsea was trying to sign horse, but was having a hard time as she knew she needed to hold on with both hands!


We don't know that girl walking w/ Chelsea on the horse, Chelsea seemed to like her though and wanted to pose with her!


After the pony rides, we met up with a friend from CMH, Santos, and his mom Leticia and her friend Katie! We were so excited to see them. It took a little while for Logan and Santos to warm up to each other, but as soon as they did, they were fast friends again. Two ornery five year old boys, wow! While we were all waiting in line for another bounce house, I looked down and Chelsea was throwing up on me. Must have been all of the excitement. It was random as she hadn't eaten much that morning, but fortunately she didn't do it again!

Can you see the silliness on their faces!


I love this picture of Santos!


We met up with Grandma Barb and had a good time watching the dogs at Radio Disney.


Since, well, most of our team hadn't arrived at our scheduled 9:45 photo slot, we had a friend snap a few shots. Good looking team don't you think?!



The walk was jam packed. We didn't slide into the line until the end and the entire walk was very slow going. It was okay though, it was nice to stroll and chit chat with everyone. Grandma Barb, Uncle Rene and Lizzy were very good banner holders, thank you! And Chelsea ... well, the straps in her wagon have both broken, so I had to improvise. I tied her into her wagon with her monkey leash! Whatever works!


She was soooo done at this point. Get me out of here!!!!


Logan was tired, but his cousin Aaron was in the wagon w/ Chelsea, so he opted for Grandpa's shoulders.


Here's a close up of Log, notice the poison ivy, it's all over his face! Fortunately the doctors office called in some prednisone for his cough and it's also helping the poison ivy. It looks much better today.


We were met at the finish line by the Chief's Brian Waters ... He was huge, and Chelsea went right to him!


He made Uncle Rene look tiny!


We ran into so many people at the walk! In fact we camped out right next to my friend Tiffany and didn't even realize it until Logan was busy raiding their tent. Thank you to all of our friends that stopped to talk to me yesterday. I wish I could have spent more time with all of you, but I'm glad you stopped to introduce yourselves! It's funny how many people say, "I recognized Chelsea from your blog!" It's hard to miss that smile! I was very excited to run into our music therapist from the hospital. She was one of Chelsea's favorite people to see in the hall! She would chase her down signing "music." She just loved music time. Leisel had her new baby with her, so I got to meet him, he's absolutely adorable!

There's so much more to share, but you'll have to wait for Part 2 until tomorrow! Light the Night pictures coming tomorrow!

6 comments:

My Three Sons said...

There didn't seem to be a dull moment all day. How great is that. Very well planned. I'm glad to see Chelsea and Logan have such a great time. Logan, you poor baby with poison ivy. I guess I never thought about getting that in Oct???

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful first part of the day. We were thinking of you.
Blessings - Amy Stapp

JennyH said...

You guys did a lot! We got our pictures (9:55 time slot but everyone was not there so we waited, and waited till about 10:15- not everyone was there by then either!), ate, waited in line for that same bounce house plus waited in line for the potty then time for the walk. Sounds like everyone had fun except the being thrown up on part!

Can't wait to hear about the other walk.

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I've gone to the Buddy Walk for 4 years now and have never fit that much in. I'm impressed. It seems like I'm always spending too much time playing team captain and not enough playing. I'm glad you had a great time.

Nicki McFadden said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

JaybirdNWA said...

Looks as though everyone had a great time. It is good to see the kids enjoying life.