While I'm gathering our final items for the big day tomorrow, my heart is heavy and there's something I can't get off of my mind. A friend of mine let me know that another young child at Children's Mercy is very sick.
I knew she was struggling getting through her transplant, but we are all very worried, and she definitely needs your prayers tonight. Kerry, a beautiful young lady, has a spirit that travels through 4Henson, and one can't help but feel peace in her presence. She had a soft spot in her her heart for the young kids on the floor, and a very special love for the patients with Down syndrome. When she met Chelsea, she instantly fell in love with her, and she couldn't stop telling me about the last little girl that was at the hospital with Down syndrome. It's hard to believe Kerry has been an oncology patient through the other child's treatment, through Chelsea's treatment, and still today, as she fights for her life.
I made a poster today for our Light the Night Walk, because I want to recognize all of the brave heroes we have gotten to know and love this past year. There are so many of them fighting leukemia and lymphoma. When I look at all of the pictures of Chelsea and her friends, it makes me smile. While they're all sick, they're all fighting, and most of them are bald ... they all have huge smiles on their faces. They are all beautiful.
Kerry is in the upper left hand corner, holding Chelsea. I can't wait to see her beautiful smile again. Please pray for her strength and her healing.
Hello world!
3 years ago
3 comments:
I will keep her in my prayers. Your poster is wonderful. Enjoy yourselves tomorrow...the weather is suppose to be beautiful!!!
I too will pray for Kerry. She is a beautiful girl. That is just like you to be so busy and still stop and take the time to think of others. I hope you have a great time and the buddy walk. I have seen a lot of PR on it on TV so that is good. I hope it is a huge success.
That is so sad. I actually met her at Mia's "end of chemo party"- and that was right before Chelsea got sick. Prayers for her.
I love that "round 1" picture. She looks so little!
Post a Comment