Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fevers

I know there are lots of reasons for fevers, but I think I will forever be traumatized by ... fevers. Chelsea's fever has been running 102-103 since this afternoon. Before the 4 hour Tylenol wore off she was up to 102.5 again! I think I'll get up every four hours and keep her on the tylenol, then take her in to check labs in the morning. (in the ER b/c of course it's Sunday! ... let's hope there won't be too many crazy drunks out tonight!) She's acting just like she did when she was diagnosed, lethargic, febrile, just uck uck uck. Thank God though, no abnormal bruising ... just the normal 2 yr old bruises.

When do you stop freaking out every time your child who had cancer gets a fever? My husband told me never, but I'm determined I will not be freaking out when she's 35 and gets a fever! Thanks for your prayers, I'll update tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't panic before you have to. I'm sure she just has a "typical" childhood illness like chicken pox or the flu or something. I will say an extra prayer for you all though because there is no "typical" after your child has been diagnosed with He's almost two though and I have to keep reminding myself of that. Bruising is normal, fevers are normal and rashes happen all the time. I will be watching for you update. Give Chelsea a hug from us. Aspen's Momma, amanda

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Somehow part of my comment went away. Right in the middle of it. You will do fine. Aspen's Momma, Amanda

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Here is a kicker for you.....Skylar started doing the exact same thing yesterday afternoon. What do I do? Instantly start having a mild panic attack watching Abby like a hawk in case she should get it. It gets better but fevers will never be something that I can just take in stride!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Ugh I'll be praying that it's JUST a fever, or a cold or something! I know the fear!! Keep us posted!

My Three Sons said...

I will say an extra prayer for one of my favorite girls in the world. I hope everything is okay. I think it is normal for you to assume the worst but if you didn't care so much for your beautiful blue eye girl, you wouldn't panic. I'm sure she just picked up something. Carson is getting over another ear infection and Coltan was sick earlier this week as well. It's just that time of year.

I look for your update tomorrow.

Michelle said...

It IS just a fever, honey! Love to her and prayers that she is feeling better soon. I would, however, react JUST like you. I'm so sorry. HUGS!

PS - Received the shirt - TOO DARN CUTE. We'll be sporting it on her special day!