Do you remember me sharing the story of our friend McKensie? Once again I'd like to reach out to you for prayers for her family. She is facing her second relapse, again, just before transplant.
McKensie is a very special little girl. I remember hearing about the new baby on our floor. As soon as I learned of her family I scooted down the hall with Chelsea and introduced myself. I knew how they were feeling. I knew the pain, the tears, the questions, I had been there. Her mom and I spent a lot of time together, we were there for the long haul, and whether she liked me or not, we were doomed to be friends.
Chelsea adores McKensie, and was always asking to go see the baby. There were times she was on isolation, and all we could do was knock on the window (er... lick the window in Chelsea's case) and wave, but that was enough. We miss seeing them everyday, comparing counts, trying to figure out who was going to get to go home first.
While I hope to head up to the hospital soon to visit them, I ask for prayers from you in the meantime. God is good. Pray or Him to lay His healing hands on sweet McKensie. Here is her caring bridge site.
Our little angels together. I wish I had more, but unfortunately this is the only picture of them that survived the computer crash. I had the cutest pictures of Chelsea taking McKensie's vitals, but lost that one too.
Hello world!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Oh man :( It's so hard... we'll be praying for her! Please keep us posted. Cancer sucks :(.
Hi Carey, I found your blog @ the Gifts website. Chelsea is BEAUTIFUL!!!. We'll be praying for McKensie too. Many Blessings ~
I will add them to my prayers! You are a great friend, they are lucky to have you!
Rachel
Clicked over and visited their site and came back.Wow .....words escape me.Anger yes,frustration yes,questions yes,but what good does all that do?I pray for this little girl and her family.For their strength.For their precious babies strength.
Carey, I just looked at her blog and there wasn't an update. Do you know how McKensie is doing? I have been praying for her to beat this. Please let us know if you have any additional info.
Thanks,
Kaci
Post a Comment