Monday, September 22, 2008

Edited for Optimism

I have a surprise for you, but you'll have to wait until this weekend ... I can't wait to see it (or for you to see it!)

Miss Chelsea has mastered the art of crawling out of her crib. She doesn't even need to crawl out onto the chair next to her crib, she can just whip her leg up over the side and let herself drop to the ground. How do I know? I told her to show me. Yep, she showed mommy how she gets out of her crib. And she beamed with pride once those little feet hit the ground. She wasn't quite as cheery this morning though. Today was the first day she climbed out first thing in the morning. It was still dark and I awoke to her crying. When I came out of my room, she was standing outside of her room in the corner of the hallway crying. There were no lights on and she was scared. Poor baby girl!

As for me, well tonight, I'm not feeling so well. I think I'm just ultra sensitive. Really, truthfully, I don't know why I'm having one of those days. Maybe I spent way too much time on the phone with an Apple specialist only to have my computer problem reappear after we hung up. I'm sure some of it has to do with this fundraising stuff, I'm just no good at it and it's really starting to stress me out! Why do I put so much pressure on myself?!

Then to make myself feel better I went to watch some old TV that we had recorded. For some bizarre reason I decided to watch Stand up to Cancer. Why?!! I got through the first 15 minutes and couldn't watch any more. In the background they were showing pictures of people fighting cancer. Kids, lots of kids, bald and beautiful. One child held a big sign that read, "last day of chemo!" Floods of memories came rushing back and I just couldn't watch anymore. Should have watched old episodes of Swingtown instead. ;)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Some days are just,"those days".Gotta have them.Gotta get through them.I have been told they make you stronger.Sometimes I wonder.Sometimes they just make you feel down right crappy.I hope tomorrow is better.Lots.As for Miss Chelsea.I say ...way to go!Oh what I wont' give to see that day with Zoey.I may just throw a party!Mark happened to work on Stand up For Cancer.I said, sorry honey,just can't watch it.Good vibes coming your way for tomorrow.

Becca said...

Wow, Chelsea, way to go, girl!! I love that she can get out of her crib painlessly, but poor little thing standing in the dark! Are you thinking about transitioning her to a toddler bed soon? We're considering it, and love to hear any feedback from others who have begun the process...