Can you believe it, one year ago, on September 26 we got that dreaded phone call from the doctor. I remember waiting in the parking lot to go talk to him, and I already knew. A friend from Jazzercise called. I answered without looking at who it was. She knew immediately something was wrong, so I told her. Seconds later we walked into the doctors office where we would begin the fight of our lives. Yes, I say "our" b/c cancer effects everyone and we fought together. Let me tell you, we couldn't have done it without the amazing support from our family and friends.
You all know the rest of the story, but for today I wanted to share with you information about a special class on September 26, D-day (diagnosis day) at 5:40pm. We will be holding a special team taught class, in honor of Chelsea. We will take that opportunity to thank all of our wonderful friends and supporters from Jazzercise. This is an open invitation to any other friends who would like to join us for this special hour. It promises to be nothing less than exciting, and it's great free entertainment for a Friday night. Babysitting is provided, so bring the kids, throw on your tennis shoes and come on out, ... no prior training or coordination required!
I'm putting together songs that are especially meaningful to us, to cancer, to living. Here are just some of the songs we'll be dancing to.
Travelin Thru ... Because that's exactly what we're doing here.
Suddenly I See ... Well b/c she IS a beautiful girl ... who holds me captivated ... and this is definitely where I was meant to be!
Chelsea ... Need I explain?
Everything ... She is my everything!
Let Life Flow ... Seriously, well said.
Better Together ... We're all so much better together, home, finally!
Good People ... because there are so many of you!
Dream Big ... How do you dream big?
In My Daughter's Eyes ... Chelsea is truly my miracle, giving me strength, belief, clarity. How many times have I just wanted to give up, but all it took was one look into her eyes.
I am making CD's of the full set of songs to give away as prizes that day. How fun would it be to give away a few CD's here on my blog as well?! Here's your chance. Leave me a comment, tell me where you're from and make sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you're chosen. I will choose three winners! This should keep you busy while I'm away this weekend. Good luck!
Here's a couple of pix from a Jazzercise class held in Lawrence ... we sure know how to have fun!
So while I wish that was me holding Chelsea, it's not, but it's a cute pic of my baby girl!
During one of the routines we displayed a montage of Chels on the wall behind the stage.
For the other songs we displayed the music videos from the songs on the wall behind the stage!
Hello world!
3 years ago
9 comments:
What a great idea... wish I were closer to join in the fun.
Hope you have a great time at the wedding.
Blessings - Amy Stapp
Here's my comment! You know where I'm from... and you know my email! :) What a great idea!
I wish I could participate!! I sure could use some Jazzercise!! Have a great time!!
What a WONDERFUL idea!!! And I wish I could be there. However, i'd love a CD to to listen to to think of Chelsea!
I am from Lee's Summit, MO and my email address is rdominguez@yellowdognetworks.com.
Rachel
Count me in! Can't think of why I couldn't be there at this point. How is it that a year has gone by so fast? My brain can't even wrap itself around all that you have gone through in that year. I bet your's smokes when you try to think about it all. Yet, here she is a survivor, happy, healthy and ready to tackle the world.
Have a great time this weekend!!!!
Hey Carey! Of course we want in on the action, or chance there of.
You know where to find me:)
We miss you guys! Kinsley is getting so big, we need to get together.
HUGS to ALL
I have been following Chelsea's story for a few months now but have never commented (I have bought mascara though :-)
Chelsea is such a strong amazing little girl. I find so much inspiration from your blog. Thank you for sharing Chelsea's story. I would love a cd to listen to to remind me of your little angel! I am from SLC, UT.
tweeters83@yahoo.com
God Bless, Randi
I was blog surfing tonight and I stumbled on your blog. I am so glad that your daughter is doing so well.
My daughter was recently diagnosed with leukemia, ALL. Usually easier to treat, but we have hit some bumps in the road.
http://www.riggsfamilyblog.com/
I think that is such a great idea. I wish I lived closer but I will be there in spirit.
So now for the dumb question, did I miss your blog about what the doctor wanted or did you not post an update? I thought I have looked through it all but I have been studying all night so maybe the words are all blending in. Just wanted to make sure your little princess is still doing great.
Take care
Post a Comment