Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sunshine Anyone?

Wow, I bet you think I've disappeared from blogging land, but no such luck. You're stuck with me for a while longer. It seems that life continues to become more and more stessful as the summer progresses. Life is supposed to be sunshine and flowers after cancer right? Shouldn't we be sleeping late every morning and dancing in the moonlight with our kiddos every evening, celebrating life? *sigh* I wish. My kids have both adopted an attitude problem of sorts, and they likely adopted it, well ... from me. I think we're all in a funk, trying to crawl our way out.

Chelsea has been defiant as ever, she's probably just tired. Lately she's not eating well, crying a lot, and she's all sratched and bruised up. You know, typical two year old stuff. Unfortunately for me, that's all the stuff that freaks me out!!! I think it's all about keeping the sanity. Too bad I've already lost mine, so now I need to find it again.

Logan, well I think he's bored. He spends his days trying to get Chelsea to do all the things he knows he can't do. Tear all the toys off the shelves. Shoot his guns at glass door, vases, ... me. As long as he didn't do it he won't get in trouble right? And he figures it's kind of fun to watch Chelsea get in trouble anyways. Oh, and did I mention how hysterically he laughs each time she throws ALL of her food on the floor, or when she steals the remote or cell phone and runs as fast as she can? Yep, the kid is out for blood. He lost four BIG privledges today, and not a one phased him.

Ryan, he has big plans, but none of them are happening any time soon. Bless his heart, he's got spirit and drive, but it seems everyone is out to stop him in his tracks. There's only so much we can do, it's stressing us both out to the max trying to help him get into school. We're beginning to wonder why it's so difficult to go to school. Don't they want our money? (You know, that money we don't have ... but will have once he gets a degree and makes the big bucks.)

Then there's me. No time for blogging, as I spend ALL of my free time trying to get Ryan enrolled in school, or trying to find an answer to my fried MacBook. Remember that computer, the not so cheap one, that has ALL of my pictures on it? You know the pictures. The ones of Chelsea getting chemo, finishing chemo, loving on her buddies with cancer, and posing with her favorite nurses and doctors. Those pictures that are irreplaceable?!!! If I had more time, and I thought you were really interested I would go into all of the extreme lengths I've gone to in order to retreive the photos. Finally, last night, I may have found my answer. I did find a place in California, Drive Savers, and they are Apple Certified (which means if they touch my computer my warranty will still be valid, whew! Without that warranty, I would be out a computer. So these drive savers take your hard drive into a special clean room and wear hazmat suits and basically rebuild your hard drive from the inside out. And you'll never believe this ... success rate ... drumroll ... 95%!!! The best part is if they can't recover the pictures, it's free! (Do you see the light at the end of my tunnel?)

For those of you pessimists out there, I know what you're thinking. How much does that cost?! My answer for you ... TOO MUCH. We'll leave it at that. I can't see putting a price tag on those pictures though. They are truly priceless. I hadn't posted many of the last round of chemo pictures b/c I had montages planned, projects I wanted to do with them. If I'm able to recover them, I promise I'll post them and you'll love the pictures as much as I do! Don't ask how I plan on paying for them. Maybe I need to be planning a "Save Chelsea's Smile" fundraiser ... either that, or I can see a new credit card in my future (don't judge!).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ugh, Carey, I'm so sorry that you're having to do this. What happened to your computer?? I just had to drive 2 hours to the nearest Apple store to get my phone fixed. Crossing fingers that they're able to get everything off your hardrive!!