After all the excitement of Kindergarten yesterday, Ryan and I treated ourselves ... to a trip to the doctor. Just needed to make sure our tickers were still working. His was a scheduled physical. You have to do those every once in a while especially if you haven't been in 15 years. Of course, he checked out perfect and the doctor was impressed with his weight loss, yeah for him! He did make him get a tetanus shot. Ryans a bit of a wimp, he really tensed up. Seriously hon, it's just a shot!
Although I wasn't going for a "physical", I felt I needed to go and figure out why I always feel sick. Mainly sick to my stomach. I'm sure it's nerves and stress, but it was responsible to have her check me out, you know eliminate child induced ulcers etc. But I did learn something interesting ... one of the meds I've been on for stress since Chelsea was born (I know you're thinking STRESS??? what stress??) actually makes you GAIN WEIGHT! What! I can't believe I never researched or googled it, I really dropped the ball on this one. Well lesson learned, that pill is gone. Apparently it lowers your metabolism ... really lowers your metabolism. So, no matter how much Jazzercise I do, no matter how much high fructose corn syrup and enriched wheat I avoid (per Ryan's recommendation) ... I wasn't making any progress. Hopefully now I can feel better (and look better!)
All in all, we're still alive. My grandpa used to watch the paper every Sunday. You know, just to make sure he wasn't in it. I've been feeling that way lately. I'm pretty sure I've got a few more Sundays left in me though. If God has other plans though, the people I love, know it. I tend to 'say what you want to say' to whoever will listen. Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.
Hello world!
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment