Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tractor Pull 2008

Every year we take Logan to the county fair to participate in the pedal tractor pull. It's the cutest thing really. This year we knew he would do well since he's just recently learned to ride his bike and he's been building a lot of strength riding around the yard all summer. We cheered him on, Daddy and I on the sidelines, and he pushed and pedaled his very hardest. Not a full pull this year(there's more weight onthe back in the '5 year old' group.) He did pretty darned good though, 4th place out of 15 kids. He was basically neck in neck with 2nd and 3rd place and in all fairness the kid who won will be 6 next month. Size really makes a difference. Can you guess what Logan did when he couldn't go anymore? It was pretty much the same scene from last year. (Click to see last year's pull and some super cute pictures of Chelsea w/ long hair!) Yep, he got off and started screaming and crying in front of everyone. We've really got to work on this 'sore loser' thing. (Didn't I say that last year?) It makes the whole occassion not so much fun.

Last year he pulled 17' 6" and this year he pulled 21' 11", so quite an improvement! There was a drawing at the end, and again he didn't win anything. He was devestated, again. He's going to have to learn someday! I reassured him by telling him, don't worry, we never win anything either! After all the fun we went out for some frozen custard. After Logan guzzled down his shake, he asked Daddy, "can I have some of your cement?" ... those of you frozen custard lovers know he meant concrete! ha! ha! LOVE IT, he just cracks me up!

*On a side note, if any of you like to sew, then maybe you can help me. I took my machine in to have it fixed while Chelsea was in the hospital, and they put all the pieces in a bag; the pressure feet, the button foot, even the L shaped piece that fits on the front and holds all of the extra accessories. Ryan threw the bag away (it was hanging at the top of the stairs needing to go downstairs) and he thought it was trash. I can hear you gasping. Yep, it sucks, and I can't use my machine at all and it's making me crazy. I've got a bunch of almost finished summer dresses for Chelsea that won't fit next year!!! Can anyone tell me a good place to buy some of the accessories, it's a WHITE, model 2037.

6 comments:

Jamy Dunbar, Head Coach said...

Hey Carey

Sorry to hear the poor guy had a meltdown. Probably tired from his busy day with Abby. Sorry we couldn't join you. Jamy needed to get that part of the roof done and we were tuckered out from the couple of days before.

About your sewing machine.....I am going to have my friend Dawn get in touch with you. She is huge into sewing. Maybe she can help.

Hope you guys had a great day! Thank you so much for yesterday. Jamy said having Ryan around was a huge help!!!

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Sorry to hear about your sewing machine parts, unfortunately I am no help at all in that area.

So, I watched the video from last year with Logan and the tractor pull. It was hilarious, and I started thinking...maybe you guys should turn that into America's Funniest Videos. You said you never win at anything...so maybe that is a sign that things will turn around. Then the three of you would all win together, the first for all of you : )!!! I know, me and my ideas. Just a thought.

Well, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you guys.

Anonymous said...

I was googling about white blood cell count and found you guys.

I just wanted to reassure you that I have two family members with Down syndrome. Both of them have low white blood cell counts. They have never been above 5 and they are checked every few months.

I would not at all worry that it might be a bad sign... I really honestly think this is a big part of the reason children with Down syndrome get sick more often than others. We usually relax as long as we are over 3.5... so, I would try not to worry too much.

Hope that helps.

SUS said...

I would call your local sewing machine shop and see if they can get you replacement pieces. Or the sewing machine repairman probably has a line on replacement parts (my repairman found new pieces for my not-Singer 1940s sewing machine).

Or try Ebay, but really, I'd go the the store or the repairman first.

FBF Rothkopf said...

Gasp indeed! But try http://www.sewingstyle.com/White-Sewing-Machine-Parts.html - they seem to have a huge list of parts for your machine.

Oh, and tell Logan that Micah has already claimed the job (of G-d) but he is welcome to work as right-hand-man...

f.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Ouch! That must have hurt deep when you realized he threw that stuff out. I threw out a bag of trash after vacation was over only to find out it wasn't trash but left over groceries that Ryan packed in a black garbage bag, but that's not as expensive as yours is.